Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1980 toyota landcruiser BJ for €70k !

Options
  • 12-10-2014 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭

i see www.paddyconnolly4x4.com have the about jeep for sale, assume its the ex mc cabes garage jeep that was at wilsons auctions recently? anyone know what it sold for ? i see a photo on their site with jeep in it and bid €41k in background , was that what it sold for ?

if so thats some mark up ? supposed to have had a €100k restoration , paddy connolly seems to deal in quality stock but his prices are a bit steep but hes happy to sit on slow selling stock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Anyone who spends 41, 69 or 100k fixing that is crazy. I would have valued it at 5k tbh. Toyota aren't Ferrari and never will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭goochy

i'd prefer to import one of the modern' retro' look FJ models from the us , it would cost a lot less

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

That one was discussed on 'Today's classic I'm not buying' , and as I said you'd get an clean unrestored one overseas for a lot less. I'm not keen on 'bare shell....' restorations either, cars come dipped from the factory and once you start sanding through that the ol' rust can get a hold :(
    And as we all know you rarely get your money back on restorations - you do it for love :rolleyes:

Still for sale surprise surprise ! Now down to 65k how is he able to sit on stk for so long ? The 95 mb e220 cabrio is for sale for about a year and a half ! The 98 s280 is very pricey he seems to want to believe these cars are worth as much here as uk

seen some decent landcruiser bj's for alot less in oz and japan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Old thread I know but either the arse has fallen out of the Toyota BJ market or some seriously overpriced Toyota BJ's in Ireland!

http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/en/classic-auctions/results/results-from-saturday-5th-november-2016/1979-toyota-land-cruiser-bj41-diesel/

£11,760
    p1300627.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭w124man

That's a much more realistic price for one of those !!

Speaking of 'Pinstripe Paddy', I see he has a H1 Hummer for sale at almost €100,000 and he ends his sales blurb by saying 'No dreamers please' ...... I find that statement ironic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

70 Grand for a BJ, you'd have to be some sucker to pay that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

w124man wrote: »
    That's a much more realistic price for one of those !!

Speaking of 'Pinstripe Paddy', I see he has a H1 Hummer for sale at almost €100,000 and he ends his sales blurb by saying 'No dreamers please' ...... I find that statement ironic

Part excruciating, part a laugh. Drugs are bad and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

I noticed that prices have fallen on the old Landcruisers. Always kinda wanted one so will probably pickup one when they hit the 5k mark.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

The hummer must be Johnny ronans one repainted , paddy was responsible for bringing in H2 hummers in Celtic tiger age at burtons .
    Did you read the write up in his ads for the 2017 range rovers he has for sale ? He is not exactly diplomatic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

goochy wrote: »
    The hummer must be Johnny ronans one repainted , paddy was responsible for bringing in H2 hummers in Celtic tiger age at burtons .
    Did you read the write up in his ads for the 2017 range rovers he has for sale ? He is not exactly diplomatic

Could well be Ronan's..wasn't it metallic blue originally? Often used to think when I'd see it about if ever a vehicle and owner were well matched it was that pair...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

You can always buy a tub

ODJjNjQ0OWYxNmY0YjBlNjYyYjRmZGQ2MjU2NjhlN2O0VEE-ljcJRAqSOryp6xcLaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182NjM1OTI3OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA

And the price

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

Advertisement