Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Present

Options
  • 19-12-2016 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Looking for a Christmas present for my father. He's around the 60 mark. Plays off 18 I think. Looking for something for less than €100.

Any suggestions? Badly stuck. Got him a GPS watch last year and he was delighted with it. Used it the whole time since. Has loads of golf clothes already and plays a lot of golf courses in Munster region so a round or clothes aren't really an option.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

A few lessons?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Adidas Tour 360 Boost shoes should be in and around the €100 mark.

Treating myself to a pair soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

I usually get my dad some under armour shirts from a UK company on ebay which are usually only around 40 euro, so I'd supplement that with a box of Pro-V 1s.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Cheers lads.

Gives me something to work with anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Looking for a Christmas present for my father. He's around the 60 mark. Plays off 18 I think. Looking for something for less than €100.

Any suggestions? Badly stuck. Got him a GPS watch last year and he was delighted with it. Used it the whole time since. Has loads of golf clothes already and plays a lot of golf courses in Munster region so a round or clothes aren't really an option.

Appreciate any suggestions.

If you don't know exactly what to get him, then buy him a voucher for a golf shop and he can get exactly what he wants.
    I know some people call that the lazy option, but personally I think it's more thoughtful than getting a useless gift that will never be used and can be a pain in the hole to exchange etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

If you don't know exactly what to get him, then buy him a voucher for a golf shop and he can get exactly what he wants.
    I know some people call that the lazy option, but personally I think it's more thoughtful than getting a useless gift that will never be used and can be a pain in the hole to exchange etc.

Gift receipts are around a long time now...I hate giving vouchers

Whyner wrote: »
    Gift receipts are around a long time now...I hate giving vouchers

I love receiving vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

If I may... here's a list of over 30 ideas from today's Irish Examiner - priced from €5 to €€€
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/golf/weve-christmas-all-wrapped-up-for-the-golfer-in-your-life-436012.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

Good for you, they look sh!te under the tree though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

I wanted a present this year that was way more expensive than what I expected my parents/gf to buy me so american golf vouchers worked a treat.

• Advertisement

Whyner wrote: »
    Good for you, they look sh!te under the tree though :p

Eh, put them in a bigger package/box if that works better for you:pac:.

Speaking from experience, on some occasions in the past when I have received golf gifts, the person buying the gift may find it stressful to buy a useful and meaningful gift.
    So I can't think of a better gift to give than a voucher for the recipients favorite passion, it's a win/win situation, it's hassle free for both parties, plus it eliminates that awkward forced "thanks" when receiving a gift you know you're going to exchange and the future problem scenario when the person who gives the gift repeatedly asks how you like the gift.

All of the above is under the proviso that the buyer means well and doesn't know for sure what the receiving person needs or wants, but still cares enough to give a gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

That's the holiday spirit, Hoof Hearted 2.

56557685.jpg

D Hayes wrote: »
    That's the holiday spirit, Hoof Hearted 2.

56557685.jpg

A bleed'n tenner, that's way too much for SS, a scratch card for a euro will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sylvanb

Game Golf - down to €99 on McGuirks website at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭pcasso

Not too sure where you are living but this would be a gift I would love to receive if I lived in the West
    http://www.mygolfdeals.ie/golf-deals/carne-golf-links-unlimited-winter-golf
    Unlimited golf in Carne until the end of March 2017 for €80

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

pcasso wrote: »
    Not too sure where you are living but this would be a gift I would love to receive if I lived in the West
    http://www.mygolfdeals.ie/golf-deals/carne-golf-links-unlimited-winter-golf
    Unlimited golf in Carne until the end of March 2017 for €80

Unfortunately I don't live close enough to Carne. Would love to play there some day.

Ended up going with game golf in McGuirks. Thanks to poster for suggestion above. I know there is a newer version out but thats going for €200.

Advertisement