Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Laws on Importing

Options
  • 15-12-2016 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been out of airsoft for years. Shortly after I finished up playing, I heard something about a law change regarding the importing of airsoft guns. I tried to look it up, buy could only find information regarding registering to become a retailer.

What are the laws for personal use, and how far do they extend. Could I order for Asia and have delivered to my house, as you used to be able to do?

I'm currently living in Denmark, and planning on picking up the game again. If I buy AEGs here, can I bring them home?

I'm fully aware of varying joule requirements of the two countries, so I'm asking the question, assuming I've made it Ireland legal.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Rules/laws were introduced but never enforced, once it is below 1J BEFORE it arrives here you should be ok.
    Ordering in Asia is still ok once it downgraded at source, if you buying in Denmark your probably best to ship/ courier it back as most airlines can be a PITA when it comes to flying with anything gun shaped, even if it's in the hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Evangelion

Awesome, that was exactly as informative as I wanted. Thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Evangelion wrote: »
    Awesome, that was exactly as informative as I wanted. Thanks :-)

No bothers :)

Advertisement