Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in Applied Software Technology-Ericsson

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Oonagh123

MoleRat wrote: »
    great course in terms of the skill set it gives you but its tough - but isnt everything that's worthwhile. Job is much more laid back. Very nice place to work - can be a bit frustrating in how slow things can be to implement but there are great benefits here too.

Does each module have exams and coursework? Do you have to complete a dissertation at the end of the course?

How are you enjoying working with Ericsson?

Would you recommend this course?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Hey, does anyone know of any more threads on this masters?

I have an assessment tomorrow so doing some research

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Mrs cockett

My son did the assessment today too. What did you think of it?

Assessment was straight forward enough - 4 sets of error checking and logical type questions.

Then a presentation and time for questions. Everyone was nice enough and sounds like a great opportunity.

Unfortunately for me they have cancelled the DIT program this year and it will only be run in Athlone.

Oh thats a pity. Athlone suits my son. He got word this evening that he'd been accepted on the course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭conorhickey

Just got accepted into this course so if anyone has any question about the process feel free to hit me up with a PM. Also looking for some people to live with come july when the course starts so if anyone else is looking contact me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Martyy

@conorhickey congrats on the offer!
    How long does the course take? If it starts in July its finished by June I guess?
    Asking because would like to sort out the budget for the next year.
    Thanks for response

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ros89

Just got accepted into this course so if anyone has any question about the process feel free to hit me up with a PM. Also looking for some people to live with come july when the course starts so if anyone else is looking contact me as well.

Hi Conor, are you still looking for housemates just got an offer on the course this week. Would be great to live with people in the same class for group projects etc

Hi Ros I believe I am sorted with accommodations but I'll let you know if things change

Marty course starts with a two month pre purse July and August then 9 months masters till may then 3 months placement followed by 2 years in a job. During the 9 months you get nearly 6000€ then in the 3 months placement you get 2000€ a month

• Advertisement

Hi Ros I believe I am sorted with accommodations but I'll let you know if things change

Ah grand cheers for getting back to me, sure let me know if so!

Anyone on boards accepted on this course and looking to get a group together for a house sure post on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KingOf25

Apparently, the aptitude test plays a role in determining if you progress to the msc after the prep part. Does anyone know how much of a role it plays in determining this or does it mainly just depend on how well you do in the preparation part?

Also, how many typically progress from the preparation part to the msc?

KingOf25 wrote: »
    Apparently, the aptitude test plays a role in determining if you progress to the msc after the prep part. Does anyone know how much of a role it plays in determining this or does it mainly just depend on how well you do in the preparation part?

Also, how many typically progress from the preparation part to the msc?

I believe the aptitude test is for a place on the program as a whole. They would not allow anyone on the prep course and invest in them unless they intended to support that person all the way through Msc and into a job.

I asked the progression question during the assessment day. The majority of people progress to Msc after prep - it is unlikely you will not progress from prep course to Msc unless you have put zero effort or showed yourself as an uncooperative team member. The end of prep interview is merely a formality.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Robmeister2011

Hi Guys, the aptitude test and interview stages determine whether you are accepted to the preparatory course. Your performance on the preparatory course determines whether or not you will be offered a place on the MSc programme.

As regards the end of prep interview, that was only for people who didn't perform quite so highly. They were given an opportunity to make their case for moving forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

Is this opening again for applications for next year?

I expect it will but that will not be until next spring

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

Ah okay, cool - thanks. Hopefully it is running in DIT next year! :)

It will most likely open early in the year as it starts in July now and not September as it used to.

• Advertisement

I just thrown a CV in for the Masters for this year. I am just about to finish a Software Development level 8 with probably a 2.1 Degree, is the competition tough for this course?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 vinomano

Noisin wrote: »
    Actually looking into this as well.
    Could someone that has already done this course advise me on the course.
    Is it very difficult?
    Has anyone completed the course and are now working with Ecrissons?
    Currently studying a higher diploma in Software, very tough, intense course, just would love to hear from someone that has done the Ecrissons Masters.

Hello Noisin,

i'm one of the the student Ericsson Master first program batch 2011 DIT. I'm working since then in Ericsson. Ericsson is a very good place to work , there is no doubt about it..

when we talk about MSc programe, yes it is quite difficult as i believe. it is almost purely Java based course. i would think you will enjoy the course no matter what.

it is full time course and you have to work hard to make it anyway.

Regards,
    Vinod

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lony_101

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭cr-07

Hi All,

My wife has just completed the initial 9 week CSE course (the course prior to the masters), and she will be undertaking the interview for a place on the MSc this coming Friday.

I was wondering if I could get some useful info & tips from people who have done this interview before, such as what technical questions were asked etc.

she has obtained a 72% GPA, but she is a nervous wreck for this upcoming interview, as interviews are not her strong point.

Advertisement