Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you display cards from years gone by?

Options
  • 06-12-2016 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

When I was a child, the huge ever-growing bundle of cards collected over decades was a strong decorative feature in our house. All displayed on various lengths of wool tacked to the walls. Is this still the done thing? I have last year's ones and am debating buying a few card display racks for them :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

No we only put out the ones from the current year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

kitten_k wrote: »
    No we only put out the ones from the current year.

Same in my house!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We did go on a phase of keeping old cards but we never displayed them.
    We burnt them earlier this year and gave some of the fronts of them to a teacher for doing art!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I only put up ones from the current year and only on the mantle piece and window ledge. I do not put up any string etc to display them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I would only display this year's cards. Along the window ledge usually.
    I never put up old cards. There are some from people I'd rather forget! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I did use oldercards one or two years when we didn't receive that many. Normally just put up the current year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I put up all the cards I receive yearly and also keep cards from special people like parents. I display some cards from years ago. I like thinking every year as I put them out. Some are from people who have passed away and some are from friends who were travelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

I saved cards year to year and displayed old and new cards. It's a lovely remembrance and sentiment. :)
    Some are like the old ornaments you save and treasure. And as such, we wouldn't just put new ornaments on the tree every year.
    Christmas is a tradition, not just an event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

My mam was joking with me the other day because I had displayed a few old cards in the hall and four of them were "To my daughter and son in law"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

My mother displays all cards received this year, and some from previous years. Ones that always go up from previous years are cards with photos from relatives kids from when they were younger, cards from people who are now deceased, cards with family member's name on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

My son gets a Christmas card produced through the school each year, I think so much of the funds when we buy them go to the school. We have kept a copy of each card from every year - this year will be his last one so I'm going to display them all on the top shelf this year.

Other than that it's just current year cards.

Advertisement