Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What frustrates you most about policing?

Options
  • 04-12-2016 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

On my lead up to hopefully progressing to GV I've heard a lot of colleagues, friends and family talk about how the police should do this, should stop this, and most recently, how they're out to catch people drink driving with random stop checks on the lead up to Christmas.

What frustrates you most or makes you feel uncomfortable when the subject of policing comes up in conversations? No doubt we will all be questioned by friends in the future if were successful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Them boys have been playing too much Call of Duty!!

Take more than a crappy staged propaganda video to put me off. If nothing else they should be locked up for crimes against filmmaking!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Tackleberry1

Would love to know what goes through those people's minds... my first guess is not very much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Would love to know what goes through those people's minds... my first guess is not very much...

Unfortunately they're brought up as kids to think no different than the hate their heads are filled with. Slowly but surely we can have a good impact on people's lives. It only takes one contact with someone to change their perception of the police

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Those kids who have that perception are the ones I work with currently. As a youth worker working across both communities in NI you see the "troubles as told by my dad" that they have been brought up to believe. 
    Just the other day a kid said to me "see over there, the police stopped a big yellow van, probably beat the boys up too.: 
    I said why would they beat you?
    "Thats what the police do to us"... the kid is 12. No clue.
    Then I said what if we get the police down for a night for the youth group. 
    Boy," can i get in their car." 
    He was loving the idea of the police coming, Just shows really how community policing and partnerships with local youth groups and young people can help with changing perceptions. It's why I want to do the job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement