Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is there no AH beers meetup this december ?

Options
  • 06-12-2016 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

Noticed there is no beers meet up this year, why is that ? I was never at one so just been nosy ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Kneemos kept groping people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

NikoTopps wrote: »
    Kneemos kept groping people.

And asking them questions.

Kfallon kept giving people the sneaky finger too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People that talk and like each other hang out in a location not disclosed to a couple of sad losers living in their mommas spare room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

AH is actually the misanthrope forum.

Feck yeh all!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

I couldn't imagine anything worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

MeatTwoVeg wrote: »
    I couldn't imagine anything worse.

A reddit r/ireland (or *shudder* r/dublin) meetup?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Noticed there is no beers meet up this year, why is that ? I was never at one so just been nosy ?

There was over the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Kfallon kept giving people the sneaky finger too.

Afraid not, never been at one, never will be either so you can't blame me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

There were pretty regular meetups all over boards for a while, Actually did go to one myself, just two of us showed up :D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The last one seemed to be very well organised but had a low turn out on the night.

There seems to be a bit less of a community thing going on here at the moment so not sure there is a lot of appetite for it to be honest.

But who knows, as the spirit of Jim Morrison said to Wayne and Garth - If you book them they will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

There were pretty regular meetups all over boards for a while, Actually did go to one myself, just two of us showed up :D:pac:

Was that the inaugural Schizo Forum Beers??? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭phater phagan

What is AH?

kfallon wrote: »

:D:P:D No actually it was the non drinkers forum one :D:D:D:D:D Just two of us turned up,But me & the lovely person had a great night we were there for maybe four hours.:):cool:

What is AH?

Alcoholics Hanonmous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

kfallon wrote: »

:D:P:D No actually it was the non drinkers forum one :D:D:D:D:D Just two of us turned up,But me & the lovely person had a great night we were there for maybe four hours.:):cool:
    Sober? 4 hours... out... sober?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Winterlong wrote: »
    The last one seemed to be very well organised but had a low turn out on the night.

There seems to be a bit less of a community thing going on here at the moment so not sure there is a lot of appetite for it to be honest.

But who knows, as the spirit of Jim Morrison said to Wayne and Garth - If you book them they will come.

I think the last one only had about 7-10 attendees (I didn't attend but recall reading the thread). I'd speculate that there is less of a community spirit nowadays and maybe more awareness or interest in maintaining some degree of anonymity, which contributes towards this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You can always organise one if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

It would only take one f*cker to show up in a trump t-shirt (probably me) and there would be a riot. Right boom_bap? :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Nah, no-one will notice as they will be too busy looking at their screens posting about how terribly organised the meet-up is and that the wi-fi is sub par.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

It would only take one f*cker to show up in a trump t-shirt (probably me) and there would be a riot. Right boom_bap? :)

He'd probably be the only one who showed up....

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    You can always organise one if you want.

I would if i was there, i live foreign, well that's my excuse :)

I would if i was there, i live foreign, well that's my excuse :)

Organise one and let everyone kip on your floor. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Organise one and let everyone kip on your floor. :D

Perfect. I've got a Trump sleeping bag.

Was there one of these drinks nights last year?

Perfect. I've got a Trump sleeping bag.

Was there one of these drinks nights last year?

There was one in October last year, which was good craic.

Then there was one in June.

Bring your Trump trumpet :)

There was one earlier this year in July -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057602444

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Has anyone made a pure show of themselves at one of these bights

Has anyone made a pure show of themselves at one of these bights

Yes.

I found a picture the other day, of an ex mod (male), wearing a dress :D

It was for SSF though so all good.

Those were the days. Those beers used to be absolutely brilliant craic. Pity.

I arrived in, announced myself loudly as 'Howyiz, I'm Boom_Bap' then proceeded to try to queeze between 2 tables full of drink and had everyone grabbing their drinks so they don't fall over.

Didn't make a pure show of myself, but a little bit of an entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Non drinkers forum internet meet up and two of you show up. Unless it was a Victoria's Secret model that sounds like my worst nightmare.

Advertisement