Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Americans - RTE pace

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭whatever76

Stop had the same reaction myself was going to stay up and watch it .. and then saw time ... joke !! I guess they think once its on player time not important !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭brian_t

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^

was on at 1.30 last night ffs!

It's at 12.50 next Sunday and then back to 11.30pm after that.

Doesn't make much sense to have put it on so late for just 2 Sundays - and for a repeat of 'Don't tell the Bride' too.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

only 5 eps to go

wish rte would run a couple of double eps to get us to the end quickly,

but rte seem so half hearted about the series,not holding my breath

ep8 started well,poor Martha,,but the pace slowed down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

I hate watching it on the RTE player, it keeps freezing for a start and the ads are so annoying.I had to listen to some old man read a letter about four times, what is this Tesco ad about, its certainly not effective.

How many more episodes are there.

5 to go..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭whatever76

watch ep 8 last - poor Martha is right ! How she do and then say that to Clarke at the end ... 
    For some reason I thought it was last episode based on ending but to my surprise it not ..hurray !!
     The scene between Elizabeth and Paige was tough to watch !!  Paster Tim needs to go ; >!!

yes it had a bit of an end of season feel. maybe it was a season break ep in the4 states?

I am not sure whether they are going to go down the "hank breaking bad ",leave it to last season reveal

or whether FBI Bob is going to sus them sooner.???

I think its a six season plan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

is it any other channel ???

itv ? channel 5 ?

philstar wrote: »
    is it any other channel ???

itv ? channel 5 ?

ITV Encore shows it. Season 4 started there last May.

is that a free to air channel?

• Advertisement

I think for itv encore ,you need uk channels card.

will look out for series 5 next year on itv encore

can someone please fill me in -- whats the significance of the black woman ? why was she killed?

in an earlier season elisabeth had a relationship with her partner or sister?? and he was
    an agent for liz and phillip.

he got caught out by fbi and went down in a blaze of gunfire.

the centre must have been paying the widow ,maintenance ,but she threatened to go to the police..

l

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭JimboJones99

philstar wrote: »
    can someone please fill me in -- whats the significance of the black woman ? why was she killed?
    charkee wrote: »
    in an earlier season elisabeth had a relationship with her partner or sister?? and he was
    an agent for liz and phillip.

he got caught out by fbi and went down in a blaze of gunfire.

the centre must have been paying the widow ,maintenance ,but she threatened to go to the police..

l

No I don't think that is it at all. If i can recall correctly she is an alcoholic employee of a government agency who Elizabeth got to take pictures of new technology that the U.S army are using or something like that. Her husband was abusive and convinced her to do it for the money Elizabeth was offering. Then he took off and she hit the bottle again and threatened to confess all.

I think she brought back into this episode to demonstrate that Elizabeth suffers from the ruthless decisions she is forced to make as much as Phillip.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Northrop Grumman employee, iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

She was brought in out of nowhere and with very little background was murdered
    I have followed this season and couldn't work out who she was either.
    Was she a new character in this season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

thankslast couple of eps have been slower

They always take the foot off the accelerator after a bit of momentum in a burst of 2-3 episodes. There's usually a reflection episode, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^

think this season has been the slowest so far (all episodes)

still haven't got an iota what the korean people are all about..anyone fill me in please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

fryup wrote:
    still haven't got an iota what the korean people are all about..anyone fill me in please?

The husband works in the medical research centre with their agent and they need him to get your man into higher level security .... I think.

think that's right,though the last time I thought I knew the plot ,got it wrong...

wonder when FBI Bob will sus them?

two more series to be made.

• Watching it on RTE2 pace! Poor John Boy!

fryup wrote: »
    FunLover18 wrote: »
    The husband works in the medical research centre with their agent and they need him to get your man into higher level security .... I think.

and what was the purpose of Elizabeth sleeping with him?

is she going to blackmail him?

yes .they ll blackmail him.

not on over xmas,have to wait for last three eps in series?

It's only mising for one week on RTE2. Restarts on 1st January.

that's great news thanks

Watching it on RTE2 pace! Poor John Boy!

good night john boy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Does anyone know if the ones on RTE2 on Sunday at 11.30 is a repeat or is this a continuation of the series they have been showing?

• Advertisement

The episode on New Years Day is "Dinner for Seven" which is Season 4 Episode 11 with a further two episodes to follow.

Advertisement