Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas jumpers

Options
  • 27-11-2016 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a good Christmas jumper this year and have been underwhelmed so far in my search. I should point out that I'm not a fan of jumpers with humurous quotes. Can anyone point me to some good websites to snap up a good one? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

35% if you use GOGO as a code.. flashes up when you attempt to leave the site.. must be desperately trying to shift the stock :P haha

• Registered Users Posts: 19,581 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

When is appropriate to start wearing them, do yis think?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    When is appropriate to start wearing them, do yis think?

I'm wearing a Christmas tshirt now as we talk so you're prob asking the wrong person haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm wearing mine out on Friday but I'm going to wear my Christmas tshirt at some stage this week. December is sooooo short. Need to make the most of it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'd love to find a Christmas skirt or Christmas dress instead of a jumper (of which I have several!)

Give me a heads up if anybody sees one. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Has anybody seen Christmas shirts in any shops?! The only place I have found any is Penneys, but they were short sleeved and I'm not a fan of short sleeved shirts!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Posy wrote: »
    I'd love to find a Christmas skirt or Christmas dress instead of a jumper (of which I have several!)

I've never purcahsed from them but have seen their things advertised on Facebook a bit - they seem to have a lot of Christmas dresses. Some of them I find a bit over the top but there are a few cute ones too: http://www.wantthattrend.com/christmas-swings-sizes-8-22/?sort=newest

ETA: and if you have any little girls, they also do the same dresses in kids sizes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

miamee wrote: »
    I've never purcahsed from them but have seen their things advertised on Facebook a bit - they seem to have a lot of Christmas dresses. Some of them I find a bit over the top but there are a few cute ones too: http://www.wantthattrend.com/christmas-swings-sizes-8-22/?sort=newest

ETA: and if you have any little girls, they also do the same dresses in kids sizes :D

Children's dresss to age 7/8 only it looks like - any sites with similar for older children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

BDJW wrote: »
    Has anybody seen Christmas shirts in any shops?! The only place I have found any is Penneys, but they were short sleeved and I'm not a fan of short sleeved shirts!

I'm still looking for a Christmas shirt. If anybody comes across any, please let me know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Jessme

Not Christmas shirts, but Aldi are doing their Christmas jumpers, T-shirts, socks, hats etc. from the 4th of December. They have pet jumpers as well...:-)

https://www.aldi.ie/specialbuys/dates/sunday-4th-december/c/2016-12-04/?q=%3Apopular&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Posy wrote: »

http://http://www.rockfrocks.com/50s-style-dresses?zenid=9080ef161e38df81d767458efab74aba

Rock the frock have some cute Christmas dresses for adults and girls. 30 euro for adult with 5.95 postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 swangirl

I'm still looking for a Christmas shirt. If anybody comes across any, please let me know!

Looonng time lurker.. Not sure where you live but I've seen them in blanch shopping centre retail park. About 2 doors down from home store and more (it's right beside inspiring ideas). A big Christmas shop. They are on the last isle, on the left, walking towards the back of the shop. That's where I saw them last week. They have different designs from what I remember :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Instead of a jumper, I'm going for these this year, not as warm or scratchy.
    https://www.wantthattrend.com/christmas-swings-sizes-8-22/?sort=newest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

https://www.wantthattrend.com/christmas-swings-sizes-8-22/?sort=newest

I'm hoping to get one of these myself I'm cooking Christmas dinner for the first time I would be far too warm in a jumper

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

SarahLil wrote:
    I'm hoping to get one of these myself I'm cooking Christmas dinner for the first time I would be far too warm in a jumper

I got the black reindeer one, it's gorgeous, can't wait to wear it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

I'm looking for a jumper or hoodie for my Christmas party.

All the women really go all out with dressing up but i have never been a dress person. Then you have to get a new pair of shoes, top, everything to along with the dress and it's too much expense.

If i make an effort and dress somewhat Christmassy, it might not be too bad but for the life of me, i don't know what to go for.

The Raptor wrote: »
    I'm looking for a jumper or hoodie for my Christmas party.

All the women really go all out with dressing up but i have never been a dress person. Then you have to get a new pair of shoes, top, everything to along with the dress and it's too much expense.

If i make an effort and dress somewhat Christmassy, it might not be too bad but for the life of me, i don't know what to go for.

They have lovely t-shirts in Penney's Black with a silver Santa on his sleigh with the words SLAY on it I think its quirkey would look good with jeans and heels/boots or tucked into a leather pencil skirt for a party

I'm actually sorry now I didn't pick one up

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭derb12

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    I got the black reindeer one, it's gorgeous, can't wait to wear it!

Did you order from wantthattrend.com? If so, could you answer a few queries?
    Are the based in Ireland?
    Did they deliver promptly?
    Are the sizes reasonable and how short is the dress (I'm 5'7" and don't want to spoil everyone's dinner at the sight of too much leg!!)
    Do they seem OK with regard to secure payment etc?
    Thanks and enjoy your frock!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

derb12 wrote:
    Did you order from wantthattrend.com? If so, could you answer a few queries? Are the based in Ireland? Did they deliver promptly? Are the sizes reasonable and how short is the dress (I'm 5'7" and don't want to spoil everyone's dinner at the sight of too much leg!!) Do they seem OK with regard to secure payment etc? Thanks and enjoy your frock!!!

No problem! They're based in England, I ordered on 14th November & received the dress on 28th, however when I ordered it was a pre-order & said that the expected release date was 17th November. The sizing on my dress was fine and the material is very good quality, I'm 5'6" and it just sits right on the knee so very decent. Seems fine in relation to payment too. Happy ordering!!

• Advertisement

Thanks!! Sounds great, I think I'll order too👍🎄😀

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Found the sizing good and easy to order and pay.

Just ordered! I picked 2 dresses that are in stock at the moment, so I hope they come quickly! Thx for the tip😀!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

I got one from Penney's this year. But I found they didn't have a great selection compared to prior years. It was only like €15.

I seen long sleeved shirts in Heatons today

Advertisement