Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Classic looking car radios

Options
  • 27-11-2016 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

I've been meaning to replace the non working radio in my Wolseley 16/60. It was something I got for little enough off Ebay and it replaced some similar unit. The original unit was smaller than the slot, so a decently skilled effort reducing the area with extra and matching wood veneer was done.

Now one option could be to try get an AM-FM conversion to an old OEM unit off Ebay, but I think it better to get something modern that visually blends in, but there is a risk with an old unit. However, the conversion largely replaced the old, possible wonky guts, so maybe.

This was one I quickly found from a search. A speaker probably necessary too, as the output would be wasted with a decades old unit.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Is the car positive or negative earth?

Must of been the late sixites when they changed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Neg earth, for nearly 10 years, changing made the clock go haywire, so I disconnected it.

bump

412174.png

mfw when no one has any suggestion...

Window washer working again tho.

Someone at the IVVCC First Monday meeting might have an idea.

7" x 3" is the size of the slot. I'll find something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

412174.png

mfw when no one has any suggestion...

Window washer working again tho.

Someone at the IVVCC First Monday meeting might have an idea.

7" x 3" is the size of the slot. I'll find something.

http://www.classiccarstereo.co.uk/autosound-car-radio.html

• Advertisement

Car99 wrote: »

Thanks, a bit expensive, but that may be the price. I have to say they should give dimensions. I can't guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Thanks, a bit expensive, but that may be the price. I have to say they should give dimensions. I can't guess.

Standard single din size I would guess, email or ring them to confirm sizes.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Nah, 7" x 2" perhaps? 3" sounds too tall.

Plenty of old 2 spindle mount stuff around, depends how period correct you wish to be.

4.jpg

Advertisement