Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any recommendations on radios/headset?

Options
  • 02-12-2016 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Well, I was looking to pick up a couple of radios up before christmas and was just hoping for some advice.

I've been reading the previous threads and one of the most recent recommendations was the Binatone Action 1100 radio. They seem to be pretty good and come recommended. For £60 they aint too expensive either. My only gripe is that there is only one dual charger. I'd prefer something with 2 chargers and 2 radios as one of them is for a friend.

I was also looking for 2 headsets? Baogfeng seem to be a popular choice. Do I need to pick up a PTTB as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Do I need to pick up a PTTB as well?

Unless you will be able to key your radio's talk button or unless you wish to be universally hated and/or beaten for using VOX settingts because :
    • Nobody else can broadcast
    • Everybody has to lsten to every breath, grunt, and f@rt that you make because you're continuously broadcasting and nobody else can broadcast
    • Everyone's batteries get worn down in double-time because of you
    then I would strongly recommend a PTT functionality of some shape or form, be it part of the headset package or whatever.

Advertisement