Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A little help for SANTA

• 23-11-2016 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey my son wrote his list last night and he's asking for a UMP45
    This is like double Dutch to me I don't know much about airsoft at all
    I've been googling all morning and I'm not finding anything of much use

Please advise me. Is this suitable for a 12 year old?
    He already had an airsoft pistol that gas gets used in
    Where is the best place to find one of these? I really don't want to spend a fortune on just one gift

Would this be recommended As a present for a young boy if not could u recommend something similar

Thanks In advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Id speak to the lads at hobbyairsoft or airsoft eire they would be our best retailers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

MIA have them in stock at €160.

This version is battery-powered. It's mostly made of plastic (like the real one).

http://mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=534

They are a good starter gun for a young player who's stepping up from a pistol, in that they're bigger than a pistol and smaller than a rifle.

Physically the UMP should be fine for a 12yo. No problem at all. Only you as a parent can judge whether your lad is mature enough for that upgrade, for example does he play on a site regularly? Does he follow instructions?

Please forgive me for the reminder that this is the kind of thing that should never be visible in public (that includes your own back garden, if it's overlooked.) I strongly recommend that you spend another 15 or 20 euro on a bag for it, and maybe a spare magazine.

Any upgrade like this for a young player is also an opportunity to review their eye, mouth and head protection too ;) Any of our fine retailers will be happy to assist, and maybe suggest some stocking fillers.

Feel free to send a PM or post here if you have any questions.

Advertisement