Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Triumph TR7 convertable

• 29-11-2016 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Just wondering if any of you remember seeing a white Triumph TR7 Convertable reg 808SZJ running around Donnybrook in the early 80s

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

salysol wrote: »
    Just wondering if any of you remember seeing a white Triumph TR7 Convertable reg 808SZJ running around Donnybrook in the early 80s
    That was my stomping ground in the 80's and I always liked TR7s. I don't remember one being a regular sight, though. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭salysol

This is the car

IMG_0244_zpsymqvuzfn.jpg

Dades wrote: »
    That was my stomping ground in the 80's and I always liked TR7s. I don't remember one being a regular sight, though. :o
    This car was attached to the American Embassey in Dublin and was tax exempt from new, it then changed hands in 1985 twice in the same day the second owners name is on the no plate i'm wondering if she might have been a car dealer at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DaveCol

I have no info on the TR7, but I have a 1980 Mini 1000 with a very close reg no of 757 SZJ

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

This car was attached to the American Embassey in Dublin and was tax exempt from new, it then changed hands in 1985 twice in the same day the second owners name is on the no plate i'm wondering if she might have been a car dealer at the time

808 SZJ is owned currently by a gent in Dublin. This TR7 was owned by a female member of the United States Embassy here in Dublin for 5 years.

• Advertisement

okistag wrote: »
    808 SZJ is owned currently by a gent in Dublin. This TR7 was owned by a female member of the United States Embassy here in Dublin for 5 years.
    Yes you are right on the female member of the US Embassey but the car is mine now and about to undergo restoration.
    But there is another owner in between, that i think worked for RTE !!!

DaveCol wrote: »
    I have no info on the TR7, but I have a 1980 Mini 1000 with a very close reg no of 757 SZJ
    Thats interesting quite possibly the same month of registration

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

Yes you are right on the female member of the US Embassey but the car is mine now and about to undergo restoration.
    But there is another owner in between, that i think worked for RTE !!!

:) so would your initals be C.B

okistag wrote: »
    :) so would your initals be C.B
    yes you are spot on !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Look what just popped up https://www.donedeal.ie/view/14946675
    triumph tr7 convertable

• Advertisement
Advertisement