Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Claiming a test pass in NI?

Options
  • 14-11-2016 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

I passed my test up north a couple of months ago but (because I was way too excited and not thinking straight) I didn't actually collect the form to claim the pass while I was there. I'm in uni down south and figured I could just find the form online but no luck! I managed to find the GB one and even the Australian one.

Does anyone know where I can download the form to claim a Northern Irish driving test pass?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Are you saying, that following a successful outcome to your driving test you did not collect the form from your test examiner and you left it behind in the test centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 emk90

No, I got the form which was completed by the examiner saying I'd passed. It's my understanding that I need another form to fill in to claim the pass. Or maybe I'm wrong there?

OK so you have your "pass cert". Is there any explication notes on the reverse side or a contact number? The pass certs issued here in the Republic, have all the follow up information printed on the reverse.

In all honesty you should get on to a Northern Ireland based forum, FB page etc, which dealts with local issues such as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 emk90

Ah good thinking Pat. I'll do that, and maybe just ring the DMV. Don't know why this is so hard for me!

emk90 wrote: »
    Ah good thinking Pat. I'll do that, and maybe just ring the DMV. Don't know why this is so hard for me!

Get it do as soon as possible, there could well be a time limit to apply for your license. You don't want to resit the whole thing again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/motoring-forms

There you go, OP, if you haven't found them already. Lots of people look for the DVLA when they should be looking you up DVLNI

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

emk90 wrote: »
    No, I got the form which was completed by the examiner saying I'd passed. It's my understanding that I need another form to fill in to claim the pass. Or maybe I'm wrong there?

I passed my test in Derry, got the pass test from instructor,brought it to the local dvla office ,licence issued later,long time ago,but sure it's not too far off the mark

Advertisement