Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yearly recognition for Garda Reserves

Options
  • 23-11-2016 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

The Commissioner, with the aim of recognising the efforts of the Reserves and increasing their visibility within the organisation, is introducing an annual event to recognise them. This is a very welcome initiative and I understand that the first such event, to take place 10 years since the inauguration of the Reserve, is scheduled for 12th December 2016.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Hopefully she will comment on a new campaign for the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Cedric87 wrote: »
    Hopefully she will comment on a new campaign for the new year.
    Middle of next year a recruitment will commence again 2017.
    Plus new additional powers and independent patrols on the way!

Middle of next year a recruitment will commence again 2017.
    Plus new additional powers and independent patrols on the way!

Hopefully that goes ahead and the new powers also go ahead. I've heard it all before from them, until I see classes I won't believe a word they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Dr_Champion

I thought they said start of next year for a new intake ? They fairly change there mind a lot. I had this in my mind for the past year. Crazy slow.

I thought they said start of next year for a new intake ? They fairly change there mind a lot. I had this in my mind for the past year. Crazy slow.

Reserves by 2021 will bring 2,000 strong approx. So we have about 800 members on file at the moment. That leaves Recruiting 300 a year, to bring up to 2k by 2021.
    It will be definitely late 2017 with out a doubt. Get on with your life's lads! But when your time comes, you will be part of a successful group of members of An Garda Síochána.

• Advertisement

Reserves by 2021 will bring 2,000 strong approx. So we have about 800 members on file at the moment. That leaves Recruiting 300 a year, to bring up to 2k by 2021.
    It will be definitely late 2017 with out a doubt. Get on with your life's lads! But when your time comes, you will be part of a successful group of members of An Garda Síochána.

I have put the idea of being a reserve behind me at this stage, when it happens I'll be excited. I have no idea where I stand after my medical and br over a year ago now.

You say "late" 2017 , so we are talking another year before we can make an application ? Cedric87 they might train ye in the new year ? Like ye are ready ta go they can't leave ye idle for much longer.

You say "late" 2017 , so we are talking another year before we can make an application ? Cedric87 they might train ye in the new year ? Like ye are ready ta go they can't leave ye idle for much longer.

Mid 2017, official word has come back tranning should start then.

There was a convention for Volunteer police forces from around the world, just held in the UK. Representatives from An Garda were doing a power point on GR's in Ireland on how it works. Half the place fell around laughing how backward the GR system was set up and how out of date it is, not keeping up with operational demands that it really needs... Sad moment!

Mid 2017, official word has come back tranning should start then.

There was a convention for Volunteer police forces from around the world, just held in the UK. Representatives from An Garda were doing a power point on GR's in Ireland on how it works. Half the place fell around laughing how backward the GR system was set up and how out of date it is, not keeping up with operational demands that it really needs... Sad moment!

Sad moment for the members but hopefully a wake up call for the government, hopefully they realise that they have turned our force into a laughing stock.

How did the yearly event go lads?

• Advertisement
Advertisement