Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

fyi a single pack is 19c Aldi

And they are really nice plus Aldi now do chocolate fingers which are better that Cadburys yum yum ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CH3OH

CH3OH wrote: »
    Just for fun

Bourbon 296g 29 cent

twin pack €1.90

what's shocking is that some of the twin packs are sold!
    fyi a single pack is 19c Aldi

small point the pack in Aldi is 200 g... so essentially they are price matching
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    120 green blend (or whatever they are) Lyons tea €1.14 in tesco Coonagh, the gold blend (red pack) €1.24
    These are usually around €4.50 I think.
    These were full price in Arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

6 x Villa Maria NZ Sauvignon Blanc 750ml are just €50.00 plus 5% off means the 6 are €47.50

€7.91 per bottle, never normally see this for less than €10 per bottle, not too shabby

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

CH3OH wrote: »
    small point the pack in Aldi is 200 g... so essentially they are price matching
    The bourbons are really cheap in lidl too. I presumed they were price matching but I have not seen where this price matching is published, does anybody know?

1kg Caster sugar is still cheaper than granulated in many of the supermarkets too which is most likely price matching too.

People might be getting a bit in for christmas baking, €1.09 in tesco for 1kg (89cent for 500g caster in the same style packaging), 1kg gem caster is 1.89 for comparison

vicwatson wrote: »
    6 x Villa Maria NZ Sauvignon Blanc 750ml are just €50.00 plus 5% off means the 6 are €47.50

€7.91 per bottle, never normally see this for less than €10 per bottle, not too shabby

Just realised that Tesco actually give you the 5% off the ORIGINAL PRICE of the wine, and not the sale price, so the example above should be like this -

€72.00 (€12.00 x 6) plus 5% off = €3.60 but they then take that off the new offer ie 6 for €50.00

So it's €50.00 less the €3.60 = €46.40 / 6 = €7.73 per bottle

This offer might be over at present but will surely be back before christmas so just remember the 5% off is off the Original price so as not to get caught out if using the €10.00 off €50.00 spend vouchers from Dunnes or wherever.

• Advertisement

A heads up -

Anyone else get €10 off €50 spend Tesco vouchers in clubcard statement this morning?

3 vouchers - 1 use up to 27th NOV, 1 between 28th and 4th, and 1 between 5th and 11th DEC,

Cannot be used with any other spend and save coupon

Only valid with clubcard

One coupon per transaction

Hopefully all get these in their clubcard statements

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

A heads up -
    Anyone else get €10 off €50 spend Tesco vouchers in clubcard statement this morning?
    Valid instore only?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

A heads up -

3 vouchers - 1 use up to 27th NOV, 1 between 28th and 4th, and 1 between 5th and 11th DEC,

Only valid with clubcard

think mine were 5 off 25 and stated instore only.normally do the shopping online

snubbleste wrote: »
    Valid instore only?

Will check and revert

EDIT - States Valid Instore Only on front of voucher (albiet in tiny writing)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

A heads up -

[...]

Nope.

I got mine 2 days ago. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

vicwatson wrote:

Nope. Looks like I will continue to shop with the Discounters so.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

A heads up -

Only valid with clubcard

I got these yesterday. Didn't get my club card vouchers yet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,766 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

we got 3 €15 off €70 vouchers with out clubcard statement

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I got three €10 off €50 vouchers I won't be using.

I'll post them to the first person who replies (along with a Clubcard key fob as they probably can only be used with the Clubcard they're attached to).

Please also PM your address!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

15 off 70 in mine. Seems to be purchase volume related.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Quackster wrote: »

I'll post them to the first person who replies (along with a Clubcard key fob as they probably can only be used with the Clubcard they're attached to).

Got my own but that's a very thoughtful offer right down to handing over the fob to be sure they will work. Nice one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

L1011 wrote: »
    15 off 70 in mine. Seems to be purchase volume related.

Must be. Mine are 16 off 80

Phone credit is a good way to get the total up

123654789 wrote: »
    Got my own but that's a very thoughtful offer right down to handing over the fob to be sure they will work. Nice one! :)

I've been inundated with supermarket spend & save vouchers in recent weeks so I'm happy to spread the love!

Having them handy only leads to needless temptation! :D

BTW folk, they're gone now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭degsie

Quackster wrote: »

Any chance you could also slip in your credit card and pin, just in case it's needed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 GerryP

Hi Quackster,
    PM sent.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The voucher has a unique ID... there's a chance it will only work with the associated clubcard?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

€12 off €60 spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I got 10 off 50

• Registered Users Posts: 6,234 ✭✭✭joeysoap

€5 off €25 (x3)

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

4 x €18 off €115 for me. Wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I got no money off vouchers with my clubcard statement, I spend a fair bit in tesco so doesn't seem right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

JeffKenna wrote:
    I got no money off vouchers with my clubcard statement, I spend a fair bit in tesco so doesn't seem right!!

The money off coupons were a separate posting, not everyone got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Looks like they've run an algorithm based on our typical weekly spend and added the voucher amount to it...

If you usually spend about 20, you're getting a spend 25/5, typically about 40 you're getting a spend 50/10, spend 50 and get a 60/12 etc... With maybe a bit of randomness thrown in just to judge its impact! So that way, they have a baseline of customers who got vouchers versus customers who didn't... and maybe they'll try to nudge someone from one spending bracket upwards into another with a few 115/18s?

If you didn't get any vouchers, you may have fallen foul of a random impact algorithm, or else maybe your clubcard isn't linked correctly... make sure your spends are showing up on the basic points history.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

gerard2210 wrote: »
    The money off coupons were a separate posting, not everyone got them.

I got them (with a Clubcard voucher) attached to the Clubcard statement today.

Another family member also got their Clubcard statement today, sans any attached spend & save vouchers. But they have been making good use of SuperValu vouchers in Tesco in recent weeks so maybe that's taken into account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Looks like they've run an algorithm based on our typical weekly spend and added the voucher amount to it...

If you usually spend about 20, you're getting a spend 25/5, typically about 40 you're getting a spend 50/10, spend 50 and get a 60/12 etc... With maybe a bit of randomness thrown in just to judge its impact! So that way, they have a baseline of customers who got vouchers versus customers who didn't... and maybe they'll try to nudge someone from one spending bracket upwards into another with a few 115/18s?

If you didn't get any vouchers, you may have fallen foul of a random impact algorithm, or else maybe your clubcard isn't linked correctly... make sure your spends are showing up on the basic points history.

I got mine along with my clubcard statement, I'd say the algorithm is based on spend per visit, as I'm a 4 or 5 visit per week guy who spends about €20 per time (intending to buy milk only of course). I got €5 off €25, 3 vouchers I think.
    My wife got nothing in her statement, which reflects the fact that she only gets points from her tesco credit card and never shops (for groceries).

Advertisement