Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Graphic Design Courses Online with recognised qualification?

• 16-10-2016 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

I would like to do an online course based on Graphic Design because im hoping to be in that field in the future. I want to know if the course has a recognised qualification where I can be able to get a job easily. I dont want to do the free courses because I find they arent beneficial to gain a new skill from. I'm studying business at the moment but would like to have another module to do to keep me moving.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 rossi.

Vlove wrote: »
    I would like to do an online course based on Graphic Design because im hoping to be in that field in the future. I want to know if the course has a recognised qualification where I can be able to get a job easily. I dont want to do the free courses because I find they arent beneficial to gain a new skill from. I'm studying business at the moment but would like to have another module to do to keep me moving.

Thanks!

There are no online recognised courses in GD to my knowledge that are worth a damm,and considering becoming a qualified graphic designer takes 4 years full time its not something that can be put into an online module . One option is to learn the programs and design methods yourself and build a portfolio of personal work and voluntary design projects for others, itll take a few years. But even with a degree there are no easy jobs to get, its a competitive market.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

rossi. wrote: »
    There are no online recognised courses in GD to my knowledge that are worth a damm,and considering becoming a qualified graphic designer takes 4 years full time its not something that can be put into an online module . One option is to learn the programs and design methods yourself and build a portfolio of personal work and voluntary design projects for others, itll take a few years. But even with a degree there are no easy jobs to get, its a competitive market.

Yeah ive looked at Pitman and other sites, they seem to have a good outline but as you said there arent really jobs in that area. Still, it would be good to do a course and have it over your belt at the same time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

If you are on LinkedIn then I suggest you give LinkedIn Learning a go.
    You can get 30 days free for any course on LinkedIn Learning by "trying out" LinkedIn Premium itself for 30 days.

Well, that's what I'm doing at the moment. Presently I am doing the "Responsive Design" course, and some Operating System courses.
    There's not that many Graphic - centric courses there, but it is still well worth a look,.,

Advertisement