Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assistant Agricultural Inspector Posts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

BaaLamb wrote: »
    Thought it might be a good idea to start a new thread for the Assistant Agricultural Inspector posts. Agriland published the numbers who've applied last week http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/applications-flood-in-for-departments-agricultural-inspector-jobs/ Perhaps people could post here if they have any news on interviews etc.

Yes, waiting to hear, got on the panel last time, but they changed the entry requirements a lot this time, so I'm not even expecting to get called for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭BaaLamb

Yes, waiting to hear, got on the panel last time, but they changed the entry requirements a lot this time, so I'm not even expecting to get called for interview.

Oh I'm fairly sure I won't get called for interview either but can't help hoping..... Do you think they will appoint one person for each category or what?

Best of luck to you anyway, fingers crossed :D

Oh I'm fairly sure I won't get called for interview either but can't help hoping..... Do you think they will appoint one person for each category or what?

Best of luck to you anyway, fingers crossed :D

I'd say they're looking for a good few more than that. I'd hope so anyway. Theyre down over 600 staff in the last few years aren't they. You'd imagine they could use 100 at least.

I'd say they're looking for a good few more than that. I'd hope so anyway. Theyre down over 600 staff in the last few years aren't they. You'd imagine they could use 100 at least.

God that would be great if they were taking on 100 but I doubt it somehow, ah well just have to keep hoping for now.

Weren't they supposed to be interviewing for these in October - November? Has anyone been called yet?

• Advertisement

I've heard nothing. Assume I'm not being called so.

I've heard nothing. Assume I'm not being called so.
    my latest intel says January.
    *May or may not be true

my latest intel says January.
    *May or may not be true

I called up Public Jobs yesterday to see what the status was and they told me that the shortlisting and interviews for one or two of the disciplines had started (they didn't tell me which ones). Apparently assessment and short listing hasn't even begun for discipline I applied for.

January is a long way off, can't see why they would need to take that long for crying out loud :eek:

Someone I know got notified of being shortlisted for the Dairy / Food Science interview stage today

I got notification today saying I was being invited for an interview in the middle of November. Fingers crossed although I know it is a long shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 vampira

Any more info on these jobs. How many are being interviewed for how many jobs??

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭merryberry

If u get on the panel I think u have a good chance because 1. DAFM have had a recent spate of internal promotions thus creating head space at AAI level, 2. The low starting salary may not entice experienced candidates who may think twice if they were offered a post from the panel

merryberry wrote: »
    If u get on the panel I think u have a good chance because 1. DAFM have had a recent spate of internal promotions thus creating head space at AAI level, 2. The low starting salary may not entice experienced candidates who may think twice if they were offered a post from the panel

Did a terrible interview so I'm pretty sure I'll be low down the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 woolyastro11

Has anyone done an interview for the general assistant agricultural inspector jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fifaking

Did a terrible interview so I'm pretty sure I'll be low down the list!

I had one also and was horrible. Was asked things never asked before

fifaking wrote: »
    I had one also and was horrible. Was asked things never asked before

I just couldn't figure out what to prepare and they gave no guidance so was taken aback by some of questions. GAWD!

I just couldn't figure out what to prepare and they gave no guidance so was taken aback by some of questions. GAWD!

Yeah was tough, intimidating as well. Lasted 45 mins, don't know when they let people know either.

Yeah was tough, intimidating as well. Lasted 45 mins, don't know when they let people know either.

To be honest I didn't find it too intimidating or too long. I just struggled with figuring out what kind of answers they wanted as I found the questions a bit vague and I'm not sure I gave them what they wanted. I just felt I couldn't get into a flow and I blanked a few times which is unlike me. I completely forgot to ask when they plan on letting people know.

I had an interview for the dairy/food science job, had the same experience, some of the questions were very strange and hard to answer!!!!

Wonder when we find out if we make the panel :cool:

vampira wrote: »
    I had an interview for the dairy/food science job, had the same experience, some of the questions were very strange and hard to answer!!!!

Wonder when we find out if we make the panel :cool:

i didnt ask at the end, was demoralised at the end, it'll be a few weeks i would imagine, not sure how many days they were down for interviewing these positions. time will tell :)

• Advertisement

i didnt ask at the end, was demoralised at the end, it'll be a few weeks i would imagine, not sure how many days they were down for interviewing these positions. time will tell :)

I presume it'll take time as it took along time for them to interview

I feel even worse about it today than I did yesterday. I'm so disappointed in my performance. I guess we won't hear before Christmas anyway :mad:

I feel even worse about it today than I did yesterday. I'm so disappointed in my performance. I guess we won't hear before Christmas anyway :mad:

Which post were you interviewed for? My interview was a week ago.

Ecology.

Ecology.

I'm dairy/food science. Good luck !!!!!

I'm dairy/food science. Good luck !!!!!

Best of luck to all anyway, i was dairy food science also. Hopefully good news!

Best of luck to all anyway, i was dairy food science also. Hopefully good news!

Considering 178 applied for the dairy jobs I think it was good to get the interview. I'm wondering how many they did interview!!!!

Considering 178 applied for the dairy jobs I think it was good to get the interview. I'm wondering how many they did interview!!!!

Id say about half that if just a little less. How many is required is another thing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Whitter

Has anyone been called for the general stream yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

What kind of questions were they? I'm on the TAO panel, that interview wasn't too bad.

Advertisement