Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assistant Agricultural Inspector Posts

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Valar Morghulis

Yeah its very difficult to gauge.
    All i can really find from the PAS is that the panel size is determined based on realistic expectations of how many people they will need over the 18 + mths. I get the impression that, in an ideal world, they would exhaust the panel before they run a new competition. In that case, if your on the panel you must have a reasonable chance of getting called sooner or later. I guess.
    So maybe we shouldn't give up all hope just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 agristudentucd

hi i am a final year agricultural science student in ucd (animal science). I would love to become an assistant agricultural inspector for the department of agriculture food and marine. in the nest coming years when hiring again. Basically what is the best way to go about it and any tips on how to get in, e.g. work elsewhere for a few years etc. If anyone knows any information for working as this or a similiar role in the DAFM id love to know more info. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 vampira

Anyone with an update on these jobs???

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I know of someone who was about #12 on Dairy panel getting a call in the last few weeks.

I know of someone who was about #12 on Dairy panel getting a call in the last few weeks.

Wow!!!! That is excellent news, I'm on that panel!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Foodie4Life

I was just wondering if anyone knew for the Dairy/Food Science stream where the majority of positions are being offered? Backweston,Cork or Limerick??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 countryben

Does anyone from the General Ag stream have any update as to where they are with offers at this stage? What number of new staff have been appointed onto General Agriculture division as a result of this campaign? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I was just wondering if anyone knew for the Dairy/Food Science stream where the majority of positions are being offered? Backweston,Cork or Limerick??
    The person I know is being posted to Kildare street but will be mostly out on inspections.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Horti

countryben wrote: »
    Does anyone from the General Ag stream have any update as to where they are with offers at this stage? What number of new staff have been appointed onto General Agriculture division as a result of this campaign? Thanks.

Hi all, I’m started since September (general stream)was 5 on the panel but I think they are still picking ppl from panel was talking to two ppl recently (last two weeks) who were in the 40s on the panel and they are joined since october.

Hey, has anyone any updates on the Dairy/Food Science Panel?? It seems to be very slow moving!

• Advertisement

I emailed them about 2 months ago and they were at number 12. Fingers crossed soon 🀞

quote="Foodie4Life;106666646"]Hey, has anyone any updates on the Dairy/Food Science Panel?? It seems to be very slow moving![/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 5 countryben

Hello all, just wanted to hear from those in the job over the past year who have been offered AAI posts across the country. How do you find the work? is it enjoyable? Was there much training given? is it tough on the ground? it would be interesting to hear some feedback

From a poster further down the pecking order who could be due an offer soon. TIA

Does anyone have any update on the Dairy Science panel?? I've heard the panel is only active until Sept?

Anybody with an update on this panel, where are t hey on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭merryberry

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Helix1234

Does anyone know how many jobs they could possibly be taken on with the new panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Culina19

Hi there, just wondering if anyone from this year's August competition has received an offer yet? The competition seemed to progress quickly this time so was just wondering. Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Hereford202

I see theres a new panel being advertised. Entry requirements different again, you have to have biology, chemistry and physics. What do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 oc2

Has anybody heard back from public jobs on the recruitment for the 2023 Assistant Agricultural Inspector competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ag20152019

I emailed them last week about any updates on this competition.

They replied that shortlisting will begin in late July/early August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 KD23

I got an email on Friday to say I was shortlisted for interview but no dates yet for when interviews are taking place.

Have you received any email with a date for interviews yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hillbillygirl

Anyone any update or has anyone been called to interview?

Getting ridiculous now.

Nothing, it is a joke especially when they said in the webinar that they wanted people starting in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KD23

I haven’t but I heard of someone who has one next week.

I emailed them and they said this,

Candidates will be called in batches for interviews, with the order in which they are called depending on their place on the order of merit from the shortlisting, as well as their location preferences. When there is a vacancy in a location that you selected as a preference, and when we have reached your place on the order of merit, you will be called for interview.

Does anyone know what counties they have interviewed for? I picked two counties in Munster and haven't heard anything yet and its been 10 weeks since their last correspondence

• Registered Users Posts: 29 johnnysgot123

Nothing has been interviewed for. Publicjobs take their time with this things. Jobs are currently being promoted internally, so I would suspect interviews during the summer

Advertisement