Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

All he needs is to have one good Sunday.

I'm in the same boat myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

I'm in the same boat myself

Cut out the 14 pints on Saturday night works I hear.

That or drink straight through...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

All he needs is to have one good Sunday.

Probably help him with the nerves on a Sunday if he's not in contention then he can shoot lights out and back into a nice finish.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,267 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

3 over for his round today which has dropped him into the bottom 10 and unfortunately he's got the dreaded MDF beside his name. It must be crap for players to make the cut, especially the way Power did it, and not be allowed stick around for the Sunday.

MDF I thought was a type fake wood!

MDF stands for "made cut/did not finish."
    Some tournaments have a 54 hole cut as well as a 36 hole cut. Was that known at the start I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,712 ✭✭✭abff

MDF I thought was a type fake wood!

MDF stands for "made cut/did not finish."
    Some tournaments have a 54 hole cut as well as a 36 hole cut. Was that known at the start I wonder?

It's a rule they brought in a couple of years ago. If more than 78 players make the 36 hole cut, they have another cut for the top 70 and ties after 54 holes. There were 80 players who made the 36 hole cut, so players would have been aware that they might not make it through to the final round.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Going to make another cut in the Sony open. 4 under for his round with one hole left to play which is a par 5.

Looks at home at this level when it comes to making cuts anyway. Just needs to sort out his weekend play especially on Sunday's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

-3 for the 3rd round has him inside the top 30.

A low 4th round tonight should make it a worthwhile trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Did ok in final round - 70 to probably finish in the mid 40's. Birdied his last hole which pulled him up a bit.

Tied joint 49th in the finish. No final round collapse.
    Not a bad start to the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Great 5 under 67 today even with a double bogey 7 at 15th. Joint 11th only 3 shots behind, keep it going

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

If he can improve his driving he will do very well . I saw his stats earlier and for this season on PGA tour he is 242nd in driving accuracy which is practically last but he is 23rd in driving distance .

If he can improve his driving he will do very well . I saw his stats earlier and for this season on PGA tour he is 242nd in driving accuracy which is practically last but he is 23rd in driving distance .

He's played the Nicklaus Tournament Course which is not the most difficult for the pros. Be interesting to see how he goes on the Stadium Course.
    Another great round though. Have a few euro on him for Top 10 finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Only managed a 71 this evening, but safely in for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ronjo

Excellent finish to the round yesterday.

Had a double on 10 but then birdied 4 of the last 8 holes to shoot 69 and finished Tied 21st.
    Moves him up to 84th on Fed Ex rankings and has won something like 175,000USD

Whats really impressive for me is that he has made the cut on last 6 tournaments and only missed the first one of the season when a guy birdied that last hole to knock him down to 71st.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

ronjo wrote: »
    Excellent finish to the round yesterday.

Had a double on 10 but then birdied 4 of the last 8 holes to shoot 69 and finished Tied 21st.
    Moves him up to 84th on Fed Ex rankings and has won something like 175,000USD

Whats really impressive for me is that he has made the cut on last 6 tournaments and only missed the first one of the season when a guy birdied that last hole to knock him down to 71st.

I'd agree. The key is to make cuts and hopefully shoot one or ideally 2 low rounds to get up the leaderboard. 1 or more likely 2 top tens will secure his card.

The talent on the tour is huge, the winner, Swafford averaged 1 top ten for the last 3 years and came from no-where. On Saturday, Adam Hadwin (who has never had a win!), a virtual unknown shot a 59.

Hopefully Power can keep it going and shoot a share of good scores at the weekends.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Great to see him get over Sunday jitters more than anything else but his Fed Ex ranking is askew, big guns will kick in soon and he won't be able to get any winnings from the WGC's or Majors...unless something spectacular happens

2 good rounds of -2 at Pebble Beach pro-am leaves him on -4 and joint 14th.
    -2 on Pebble Beach a good score any day but I think it's been windy there.

I notice he seems to make birdies on most of the par 5s in all the comps he plays and is steady on the other holes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭aled

2 good rounds of -2 at Pebble Beach pro-am leaves him on -4 and joint 14th.
    -2 on Pebble Beach a good score any day but I think it's been windy there.

I notice he seems to make birdies on most of the par 5s in all the comps he plays and is steady on the other holes.

While you tremble on what score Harrington might have on a par 5. Power is a solid player. Doesn't shoot too many amazing scores but is steady. Paul Dunne has been playing great stuff but when he comes to the competition end of the tournament seems to struggle. In Paul's case, the more often you are in with a shout, the more likely his belief will build. And Shane is an enigma. Always seems to have a horror round at some point. If he can be more consistent over the 4 rounds he is a world top 10 player

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Power and Lowry going OK so far but it is the worst tournament to watch for the first 3 days. I can only take so much of Bill Murray and the various minor "celebrities" and corporate heavy hitters that NBC seems obliged to show.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭aled

First Up wrote: »
    Power and Lowry going OK so far but it is the worst tournament to watch for the first 3 days. I can only take ao much of Bill Murray and the various minor "celebrities" and corporate heavy hitters that NBC seems obliged to show.
    What do people find funny about Bill Murray. His antics. I just cringe in what he is going to do next to 'entertain' the crowd

aled wrote:
    What do people find funny about Bill Murray. His antics. I just cringe in what he is going to do next to 'entertain' the crowd

I have sympathy for the commentators who have to play along with the nonsense.

Mind you, Faldo seems to have embraced American hyperbole and bull**** nearly as much as Feherty.

Fair few eejits there ok. Mind you I wouldn't mind being one of the amateurs there for many reasons!
    That Monterrey Peninsula course he's playing is lopsided at 34 out and 37 back. 3 par 5s on back 9 so if he can do front 9 even he has 3 par 5s with birdie opportunities.

I have him for Top 10 finish so I need 2 more shots off him to get to top 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Fair few eejits there ok. Mind you I wouldn't mind being one of the amateurs there for many reasons!
    That Monterrey Peninsula course he's playing is lopsided at 34 out and 37 back. 3 par 5s on back 9 so if he can do front 9 even he has 3 par 5s with birdie opportunities.

I have him for Top 10 finish so I need 2 more shots off him to get to top 10.

Nonsense, yes, that's it. Very very high cringe factor on this 'show'.

He's struggling today. 3 over through 9 and right on the cut line.

Needs to take advantage of that back 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Two birdies on his way in anyway so he's playing tonight!

Finished -4 and tied 35th. Hope that gets him a good cheque.

Lowry looks liking sharing 10th - very respectable.

-1 on last round at Pebble Beach to finish on -4 in around 35th place. He'll get around $37K.
    Another good consistent performance with only 1 double-bogey over the 4 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Very positive opening round today. 4 under thru 17 holes and tide for 5th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

-5, in 4th, @34, he's a good starter in the early rounds that's for sure.

Advertisement