Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm.... Not.... Ready....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I hit LL400 last Saturday during Iron Banner and just turned off the game. I feel as though I've 'beaten' it for now. I never did manage to beat Asksis or Oryx but I feel now I've missed that chance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I hit LL400 last Saturday during Iron Banner and just turned off the game. I feel as though I've 'beaten' it for now. I never did manage to beat Asksis or Oryx but I feel now I've missed that chance.

Ah no man, you have to experience killing Oryx, next month I will be planning a few old school raids so keep an eye out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Yep and a few more from arrange a raid thread are also looking, VOG specifically. We would need a few teams organised so that everything could run smoothly-ish.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    Yep and a few more from arrange a raid thread are also looking, VOG specifically. We would need a few teams organised so that everything could run smoothly-ish.

Yeah, a good few new members into the clan that have only started the game so with a bit of luck and a few sherpas at 400 it should be a hell of alot easier to bring people through VoG/Crota/Skolas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I don't think it's over for me just yet. Really want to hit 400 light, think I'm at about 380 at the minute.

I bought the COD infinite warfare special edition with the modern warfare remaster on launch and any gaming time I have at the minute has gone into modern warfare tbh.

I'd say I'll get sick of it at some point but it's a nice nostalgic trip for me for the moment. Infinite warfare doesn't seem to bad either in fairness.

That said I don't have COD fatigue like some. It's the first one I've played since the original MW.

Playing a small bit of earth defence force with mates. Mindless, drunken horde mode fun.

Looking forward to Destiny 2 but will enjoy playing other games in between. Like others have said the value for money I got out of Destiny was just phenomenal thanks in part (big part) to this community.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I dont know if id agree its too easy to get to 400 LL. If you played from the start and had all stuff done before each expansion i can see why you would say that. But from a new player point of view there is a decent amount of time required to get there.

Ill be looking to do the raids at some point too,a smidge away from 379 light now so hope to get up to 390-400 next week as ive a week off work. I have a friend i could most likely bring with me too. Think hes about 391 LL.

EoinHef wrote: »
    I dont know if id agree its too easy to get to 400 LL. If you played from the start and had all stuff done before each expansion i can see why you would say that. But from a new player point of view there is a decent amount of time required to get there.

Ill be looking to do the raids at some point too,a smidge away from 379 light now so hope to get up to 390-400 next week as ive a week off work. I have a friend i could most likely bring with me too. Think hes about 391 LL.

In fairness I only arrived on the destiny scene this time last year, after the taken king expansion dropped. If I remember rightly the max light then was 320. It took 2 weeks to get to about 280ish and then the lads sherpa'd me through VoG/Crota and Kings Fall raid, now there was still a good bit of grind to get to the 320 because I actually only hit it the night before the april update dropped. Since that april update its far easier to get up the LL now and 400 can be gotten in a couple of days now (I have only done the main quest line on the xbox so far and im about 9 hours gametime and im up on 340ish LL)

jonnycivic wrote: »
    the lads sherpa'd me through VoG/Crota and Kings Fall raid

Ah I remember that first time, been carrying you ever since :D

dudeeile wrote: »
    Ah I remember that first time, been carrying you ever since :D

But I know how you love to whinge about having to carry me so I just allow it now :P

In fairness I only arrived on the destiny scene this time last year, after the taken king expansion dropped. If I remember rightly the max light then was 320. It took 2 weeks to get to about 280ish and then the lads sherpa'd me through VoG/Crota and Kings Fall raid, now there was still a good bit of grind to get to the 320 because I actually only hit it the night before the april update dropped. Since that april update its far easier to get up the LL now and 400 can be gotten in a couple of days now (I have only done the main quest line on the xbox so far and im about 9 hours gametime and im up on 340ish LL)

9 hrs in total and your light level is 340?

That has to be with a clan. Keep in mind also you probably know the game inside out at this stage. A new player wouldnt have the benefit of knowing exactly where to go or what to do.

I havent found the levelling a chore,it has its moments when RNG will screw you for a bit as long as im enjoying the gameplay,which i am,i dont really find it a grind.

Also in fairness ive no real experience of levelling before april so it may have been better before but from what ive experienced its not gonna be a case of a couple of day to go from 0- 400,but then again i could just be a total newb:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Old levelling was awful. Truly truly awful.

They have made easier the way the infusion is and it helps having a vault full of stuff to infuse among 3 characters.

Quickest way of levelling up is Raiding. you'd get a truckload of stuff per run.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Old levelling was awful. Truly truly awful.

They have made easier the way the infusion is and it helps having a vault full of stuff to infuse among 3 characters.

Quickest way of levelling up is Raiding. you'd get a truckload of stuff per run.

Did infusion exist at all before april?

Ive been meaning to get around to joining the boards clan to do raids,ive done none so far,but im playing BF1 as well as Destiny and i work shift so my gaming times do be all over the place,also like to have a few beers when im on so afraid id just be s***e and ruin it for the squad:(

Theres certain times i wish everything had matchmaking. The prison of elders quest being a particualr annoyance as ive had it for ages but theres normally only me and one other mate on when playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Ive been meaning to get around to joining the boards clan to do raids,ive done none so far,but im playing BF1 as well as Destiny and i work shift so my gaming times do be all over the place,also like to have a few beers when im on so afraid id just be s***e and ruin it for the squad:(

Theres certain times i wish everything had matchmaking. The prison of elders quest being a particualr annoyance as ive had it for ages but theres normally only me and one other mate on when playing.

Infusion did exist, but when it was initially brought in, it was such a pain in the hole. If you where infusing 2 items within 5 LL of each other, it was a 1:1 ratio. Anything beyond 5 LL's, so say, 390 into a 335, you only got 80% of the way to 390. And exotics, regardless of LL difference, was 80%.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I thought exotics were 60% no?

Infusion did exist, but when it was initially brought in, it was such a pain in the hole. If you where infusing 2 items within 5 LL of each other, it was a 1:1 ratio. Anything beyond 5 LL's, so say, 390 into a 335, you only got 80% of the way to 390. And exotics, regardless of LL difference, was 80%.

Wow,that does sound like those light levels were harder earned that way alright. Ive found infusion to be invaluble at points just to get that last points on a piece of gear to get stuff to drop in that next tier. Old way just sounds more grindy.

Let's all just agree we've come a long way from having to do the hard raid to max your light levels

You wouldn't believe some of the stories.

Back in my day, there was no such thing as quests and you could only hold 5 bounties and could only store 24 items in the vault in total (thats guns, armour and general combined). The vault had 24 slots TOTAL and there was no app to move things in/out, you had to fly to the tower. Motes of Light did essentially nothing. Weekly Strikes gave strange coins. Nightfalls kicked you orbit if you died. You couldn't "buy" levels using ANY type of currency or material. If you wanted Relic Iron you went on Patrol and physically picked it up from the floor, there were no other ways of getting it.

Trying to complete NF's horribly under levelled, glitching under the stairs on the Archon Priest, dying and getting sent back to orbit to try from the beginning again.

Those were the days

Cormac... wrote: »
    I thought exotics were 60% no?

I think they where maxed at the same ratio as Legendaries where beyond the 5 or 6 LL difference.
    You wouldn't believe some of the stories.

Back in my day, there was no such thing as quests and you could only hold 5 bounties and could only store 24 items in the vault in total (thats guns, armour and general combined). The vault had 24 slots TOTAL and there was no app to move things in/out, you had to fly to the tower. Motes of Light did essentially nothing. Weekly Strikes gave strange coins. Nightfalls kicked you orbit if you died. You couldn't "buy" levels using ANY type of currency or material. If you wanted Relic Iron you went on Patrol and physically picked it up from the floor, there were no other ways of getting it.

I actually miss this mechanic on Nightfalls. Made them much more strategic. Also made the salt much more saltier when all you got was 9 SC's

Sounds like i started the game at the right time so:)

• Advertisement

9 hrs in total and your light level is 340?

That has to be with a clan. Keep in mind also you probably know the game inside out at this stage. A new player wouldnt have the benefit of knowing exactly where to go or what to do.

I havent found the levelling a chore,it has its moments when RNG will screw you for a bit as long as im enjoying the gameplay,which i am,i dont really find it a grind.

Also in fairness ive no real experience of levelling before april so it may have been better before but from what ive experienced its not gonna be a case of a couple of day to go from 0- 400,but then again i could just be a total newb:)

No, 9 hours straight of just grinding the main missions only, now dont forget that this is only in the last month I have done this and it was all on my own with no clan help. Once you open the taken king missions and start getting purples youll fly up the levels now compared to even a year ago.

Dont worry about times at all man, we have 3 playstation clans in total so its roughly 250 members with everyone all on at different times during the day, at any given time theres roughly 40+ online from the clan and we are more than grand with you making a slip up during a raid etc, remember we all had to start somewhere and sure a little pro tip for ya.... just tell them your better than me and your in :P

Sounds like i started the game at the right time so:)

Yeah, you missed out on the forever 29 times, the dumb loot drops where you could run VoG 18 times looking for the helm and keep getting boots. The loot cave, and who could forget the "I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain why the speaker could tell us a story about this, that and t'other but won't. We're still waiting on that story even now"

Yeah, you missed out on the forever 29 times, the dumb loot drops where you could run VoG 18 times looking for the helm and keep getting boots. The loot cave, and who could forget the "I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain why the speaker could tell us a story about this, that and t'other but won't. We're still waiting on that story even now"

Knave, there is actually still 1 active loot cave in the game on earth :P

Knave, there is actually still 1 active loot cave in the game on earth :P

f31ada7fa7b269787e9b235739792a2c.jpg

Some of that stuff sounds rough,also sounds like you guys made the best of it though. Good that bungie kept at it too and made the game what it is today.

So which clan should i apply to join on the PS,had a look in the sticky and there seems to be 3 for PS? My user name is the same as here.

No, 9 hours straight of just grinding the main missions only, now dont forget that this is only in the last month I have done this and it was all on my own with no clan help. Once you open the taken king missions and start getting purples youll fly up the levels now compared to even a year ago.

Hmm,maybe it was the way i was playing it. Having all the DLC from the start i was doing all sorts of missions and had no clue what part of the game they were from or where the best place to get gear was. I was just happy doing what ever took my fancy in the progress tab. Probably a terribly inefficent way of doing it!!

Yeah, you missed out on the forever 29 times, the dumb loot drops where you could run VoG 18 times looking for the helm and keep getting boots.

You can tell you're a scrub because it was the boots people actually wanted

*smug face*

Some of that stuff sounds rough,also sounds like you guys made the best of it though. Good that bungie kept at it too and made the game what it is today.

So which clan should i apply to join on the PS,had a look in the sticky and there seems to be 3 for PS? My user name is the same as here.

Clan 3. Click Join, then set as PS Clan

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/1405355

Then Conovar Dudeeile will sort you out

• Advertisement

also like to have a few beers when im on so afraid id just be s***e and ruin it for the squad:(

I'm afraid we're a tea-totalling uber serious mlg bunch.
    #forgottenfridays
    Clan 3. Click Join, then set as PS Clan

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/1405355

Then Conovar Dudeeile will sort you out

I'll get that Paypal invoice across for the quarterly sub asap.

Advertisement