Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokemon Go Galway

• 31-08-2016 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, just wondering how many here are Galway poké-hunters? :) I thought I'd share that the Mutton Light Famine Memorial out near Grattan Park in Salthill is the best nest I've found for catching a lot of the rarer Pokemon varieties. Especially Ponyta, but visiting it on a daily basis, I've found nearly every variety, showing up maybe every 15-20 minutes (caught Dugtrio today, along with Growlithes, Geodudes, Eggsecute, Doduo, Diglett, Seel, Ekans, and even Pikachu and Bulbasaur one time).

And the Mutton Island causeway is great for collecting lots of Magicarp and other water types. As its a long narrow road surrounded by water, all the Pokemon are concentrated along its path so you don't have to worry about wandering in different directions to detect them. :) Squirtle shows up quite often, sometimes I'd get 2 or 3 on a cycle along it.

I used to catch the odd Charmander at the end of Grattan Rd as it meets the R336 (road that leads to the aquarium, can't think of the road name), but haven't gotten any in the past week so maybe it's not a charmander spawning-site anymore. :(

Any other Galway poké-hunters here have any more searching tips they'd like to share? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Hey
    Yeah I usually pop out to Salthill in the evenings for a wander and some hunting. Never did the Mutton Island Causeway or the Memorial though, cheers for the tip.
    Very little on the side of the city I live in (East Side), getting bored of taking down the GMIT gym.....AGAIN!
    Do like a stroll around town too on a Saturday.
    Sit outside Garavans, glass of wine, lure the stop and just sit and collect :)

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks for the tip about Mutton Island. We go often to Salthill Prom and often get the regular magikarps etc along there. Suppose we can just extend our usual walk.

I once got a Pikachu at the intersection at Westside Aldi, and a Mr Mime at Tigh Coili
    Lots of Jynx at Eyre Sq.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Heads up for anyone looking for Magmar - South Park is a reliable nest for them at the moment, sometimes 2 or 3 will show up there at a time! I'm sick of catching them at this stage lol.

Saw Kabuto by Eyre Sq yesterday but didn't catch it. Bus was whizzing past :D

Got myself Pikachu as buddy :)

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Got myself Pikachu as buddy :)

Have you walked 10km with him yet? ;)

Heads up for Bulbasaur-seekers - the famine memorial near Grattan Beach is now a nest for our favourite #1. :pac:

I walked him to get enough candies to evolve him so happy days

Was on the prom yesterday and suddenly fecking rain started lashing down big time. Prom is best in my view as there are so many Stops and Mons there. Great for grinding (collecting many lowlevel Mons in order to level up)

I walked him to get enough candies to evolve him so happy days

Was on the prom yesterday and suddenly fecking rain started lashing down big time. Prom is best in my view as there are so many Stops and Mons there. Great for grinding (collecting many lowlevel Mons in order to level up)

Oh I mean did you happen to check the screen where it shows him and your avatar after walking more than 10km? Because something special happens. ;) Yeah I was out there yesterday too when the thundershowers came pouring down. :o

I didn't see that happen as I only had him a while.
    Now I'm buddying MagiKarp to try to get my second Gyarados :)

Took down a gym in Clifden the weekend and managed to keep my Slowbro as leader for a whole day :D

• Advertisement

Salthill littered with Mons yesterday. Could hardly get to the wall and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Salthill littered with Mons yesterday. Could hardly get to the wall and back.

I was there in August - magikarp and polliwags all over the promenade.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

What teams do ye represent? I'm Valor myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Team Instinct :D

Blue team :D

I'm team valor (red), you might see me occupying the odd gym here and there, username is GarySkywalker7 :)

I see your name a good bit alright Wolverine! Anyone be interested in meeting up for a hunt? Username is Shanecos11!

@Digital solitude, pffft , you disgust me ðŸ˜

Don't hate the player hate the game.

I've hatched literally thousands of eggs in ORAS, it would be crazy for me to pick anyone but the breeder

Don't hate the player hate the game.

I've hatched literally thousands of eggs in ORAS, it would be crazy for me to pick anyone but the breeder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

am planning to head up towards Salthill tomorrow, any good suggestions on decent spots to keep in mind?? heading up towards Galway for the afternoon, wondering where would be best to spend it :D

could do with starters, machop, omanyte, kabuto and that ever so elusive Porygon :P

CraigM84 wrote: »
    am planning to head up towards Salthill tomorrow, any good suggestions on decent spots to keep in mind?? heading up towards Galway for the afternoon, wondering where would be best to spend it :D

could do with starters, machop, omanyte, kabuto and that ever so elusive Porygon :P

The coast walk along South Park can be good, as is the Mutton Island Causeway (mainly for water types), and Mutton Light Famine Memorial near Grattan Park can have some random interesting spawns. They used to be good nests for certain Pokemon but I think they've changed again so not sure what shows up often now, last time I used to cycle the South Park walk and catch lots of good growlithes.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

So made a trip up to Galway today, wasnt bad, though nothing special other than an omanyte that disappeared just after i parked at salthill, caught quite a few psyducks, polis, karp (one of which has 91% IVs with 144cp), and the other usual suspects. Covered from down at Nimmo's pier at end of grange rd to the galway bay hotel. and stocked up on eggs again :)

Dragonite in the middle of Eyre Square right now! Just caught him, over 2500CP!

Arrg, there is no way I can get there until tomorrow.

Haven't seen a Ditto yet

Got 3 Dittos over the past 2 days, 2 yesterday! All from ratattas, I was almost absent-mindedly catching them while going about my business in town, it's a nice surprise when it happens. You'll get one sooner or later, just keep capturing rattatas (and maybe pidgeys and zubats too apparently) and one of them is bound to reveal themselves as ditto. Use great balls to prevent them escaping (unless they're 10 cp or something, when a regular ball will do).

Finally got one from a Magikarp at the Radisson lights :)

Got a 10K egg the other day and hatched it today.
    A Snorlax, nice

• Advertisement

The Mutton Light Famine Memorial in Grattan Park in Salthill is a serious nest for Kabuto right now, just collected 4 of them one after the other within a couple of minutes, and got 5 together there this morning too! Able to finally power up my Kabutops to the fullest. :)

Advertisement