Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Green Thai chicken and aubergine curry. It was damned delicious :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Feel better soon pew!

It was DIY Nandos here again tonight, it's a favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Flat iron steak, fried garlic mushrooms, broccoli, spuds.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Dominos!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Dominos!
    Snap! Same here, along with beers.

Much needed after this week in work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Beef Medallion on Colcannon with a cheesy mushroom.

938B7555-9C9C-435C-AC9F-284728B0CCB6_zpsvjtgmfxh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,734 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Braised lamb shanks with mashed spuds & mashed carrot & turnip. The leftovers now turned into a hearty soup for lunch today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

Lasagna and cheesy garlic pizza bread!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Wanted something easy today, so slow cook d chicken curry is what the team agreed on. Very tasty. Number 19 on the shortcut menu list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Cottage Pie, but I put potato skins and mature cheese on top and grilled it.

Have it with garlic sprouts and broccoli.

I was in need of comfort food. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

Bolognese with homemade sauce and fussili, with garlic bread. Very happy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Picked up a turkey crown in lidl, wanted to give a crown a try as sick of the waste of a full turkey at Christmas. It was really nice, not at all dry and will definitely be going this route from now on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had an Aldi roast chicken in a bag with baked potatoes, coleslaw and corn on the cob. A very handy dinner and the chicken was really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Homemade enchiladas.

Chicken, onion, mixed peppers, scallions, kidney beans and jalapenos for me and the kids.

Tofu, broccoli and the same veg as the rest of us for Mrs Stewart (the veggie)

Delicious. Long time since I had them, but really simple and tasty grub, perfect for a lazy Sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Broccoli and ham quiche. Quiche; damn good. Broccoli (and I never thought I'd say this) slightly too garlicky.

Lidl's shortcrust pastry is pretty damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

The husband has been cultivating a basil plant since the summer and it's just gotten HUGE. It started to flower so he harvested loads of it today and made a few batches of pesto. He gave up after he got through two-thirds of the basil leaves, he had more than a kilo of pesto by then! He made it beautifully thick, with much less oil than usual and the smell off it was unbelievable.

pesto%20pazoole_zpsqgmqofiu.jpg

We had some for dinner tonight, we put a pesto coat on top of some hake that was roasted in the oven. Absolutely gorgeous. The rest has been portioned into bags and put in the freezer. If anyone's ever stuck in a pesto emergency, I'll sort you out!

DSC_0738_zpsgxb19n0j.jpg

Shin of beef stew with red wine & deliciously floury Queens from Kilmore Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Pork and Fennel Casserole. I posted a link to the recipe in the Slow Cooker thread. Really tasty and not your usual stew flavours.

05AFE224-EE09-4134-BA11-81FA9BC2EBEF_zpsc5ndtlvr.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Sirloin steak, spiced carrot and parsnip mash with baby spuds.

Chicken, leek and noodle soup with lashings of soy sauce, chilli, ginger, lime and chopped scallions. Absolute perfection for a cold night in a house full of sick people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Lentil cottage pie with lightly steamed broccoli. Warming and filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Mushroom burger with caramelised red onion and cheesy chunky chips.

cQlaWbV.jpg

Large flat mushroom fried with a little balsamic then grilled for the final 5 minutes. Added to fresh bap (from Bread Naturally in Raheny) with layer of caramelised red onion, feta cheese, tomato, and soft lettuce. Literally my favourite burger ever, and I'm not even a vegetarian.

Chips are potatoes cut to chunky size, baked with a little rosemary and then grated parmesan cheese melted over the top.

Served with remainder of the onion and feta and cherry tomato salad. So good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

A perfect day for a big hearty bowl of Goulash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Made a quick, lazy but tasty small dinner.

Grilled chorizo and halloumi together and broccoli and brussel sprouts with parmesan.

Chicken fajitas & wedges. A little bit of Tex-Mex warmth on a cold & rainy evening.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

An experimental dinner tonight. Bought some lamb in Aldi recently, and only really paid attention to the label when I took it back out of the freezer. Turns out it was breast, and needed long, slow roasting. So I did that today, and I tried my hand at colcannon. As soon as I smelt the kale cooking down, I knew it wasn't going to be my thing :(.

The lamb breast was alright. It was far, far too fatty for my tastes, and I wouldn't buy it ever again tbh. The colcannon tasted fine - even nice - but it just wasn't for me. The star of a poor dinner was a decent gravy. Enough of it poured over the colcannon masked the kale taste :pac:.

On the other hand, we had fabulous venison steaks from Aldi on Sunday night, served with dauphoise poatoes, roast carrots and green beans. Highly recommended!

Beef & pork meatballs with onion gravy.

slsk0m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,404 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Faith wrote: »
    An experimental dinner tonight. Bought some lamb in Aldi recently, and only really paid attention to the label when I took it back out of the freezer. Turns out it was breast, and needed long, slow roasting.
    Must look out for that, I quite like it actually ... always had it rolled and stuffed as a child back in the dark ages.

Came home from work and the kitchen was so cold that the chicken I'd left out to defrost was still frozen.

So we had egg and home made chips - himself had an omelette and I had fried eggs. A slice of bread and butter, loads of salt and vinegar, absolutely smashing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

Alun wrote: »
    Must look out for that, I quite like it actually ... always had it rolled and stuffed as a child back in the dark ages.

We like it too. Stuffed with sage, onion and apricot, and cooked to death (150C fan for 2-1/2 to 3 hours) until all the chewiness has gone. The overspill stuffing during the cooking is cook's perk :)

We tried making St Menehould lamb breast once, but it was a lot of pfaff and we weren't that impressed.

Advertisement