Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF1 settings sharing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

BTW, guys any chance we can screen shot the nvidia control panel to see what be people have and have not enabled...might be something simple!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Would fairly echo my experience. no issues with 1440p on a 1070 at ultra, that's dx11, based on that I won't be rushing to dx12 any time soon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

BTW, guys any chance we can screen shot the nvidia control panel to see what be people have and have not enabled...might be something simple!

I'll do it for you later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Also, do you have vsync on? If I play without it, at higher framerates it stutters like crazy, but locked to 60fps it runs perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Dcully wrote: »
    Did you run driver booster then?

I did , just because . And I haven't even bought the game yet :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I did Cully, only 2 drivers out of date and they were not essential TBH ( but its a very good programme). I did do a clean fresh install of win 7 64 and still no where near acceptable performance.

Everything is up to date my end has to be an issue DICE/nvidia side.

Pretty sure W10 would give better performance but i could be wrong.

I taught W10 was not getting rave reviews games wise? Must have a look into it, Id say in the new year with my new build I will have to take the plunge. I aint got the cash to drop for that yet I am saving for my noble gaming chair/DX racer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I taught W10 was not getting rave reviews games wise? Must have a look into it, Id say in the new year with my new build I will have to take the plunge. I aint got the cash to drop for that yet I am saving for my noble gaming chair/DX racer.

It is better in general, following the trend from 6/Vista. More lightweight overall, better MP performance. I did a quick run back through the thread and forgive me if I missed it but you have never said what FPS you are actually seeing. Just an initial post about specs and then being unhappy with the performance. Also a key thing, and it has been asked about a few times "I ALWAYS force vsync I hate the tearing effect in games I was getting my 60fps due to the vsync. " . So it implies a general rate of 60fps+, the lag can easily be explained by vsync and it's induced latency.

Unfortunately at this point I have to run the game on "Low" settings which is just plain fookin wrong for my setup. I was running fraps at the start and its saying I am getting 60 fps with vsync on but my screen says otherwise, I have tried both v sync on and off and I have also used the "fast" option in control panel but the stuttery lag is still present.

I have found that if I use quick match in BF1 I get a much worse performance then selecting from the browser and waiting in queue for a game with a low ping server so I dont know at this stage.

I have ordered a new SSD drive just for ****s and giggles but I doubt it will fix the game, as a fresh win 7 install on a fast HDD should be fine.

TBH, I dont know how I have progressed to where I am in this game with the problems I have.

• Advertisement

Have you tried putting your CPU back at stock settings? Sounds like it's just a frame time issue and not a framerate issue, be it CPU or GPU though, that's the issue it's hard to say. This also happens me in BF1 but thankfully only when playing above 60fps for some reason, no idea why and BF1 is the only game that does it.

No I havent tried running at stock performance on the CPU TBH, might give it a try as I have tried everything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I think someone mentioned this earlier too but have you disabled core-parking, I used to have horrible stutter issues on Metro2033 back when it came out until i disabled it., even though overall FPS was fine.

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    I think someone mentioned this earlier too but have you disabled core-parking, I used to have horrible stutter issues on Metro2033 back when it came out until i disabled it., even though overall FPS was fine.

Now I seen a brief video on that on reddit, apparently DICE are aware of an CPU usage issue and are working on a fix. It was the same for bf4 when arrived but it took about 4-6 weeks to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Been getting quite a few crashes, think I'll try and setting it to DirectX 11 tonight as I heard that runs a lot better.

In fairness I have not had one single crash or freeze its just lag and stutter here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

In fairness I have not had one single crash or freeze its just lag and stutter here.

Next NVidia update you get try a clean install of the drivers. It will reset the control panel settings to their default global state.

Think I have had 2 crashes myself but they were on the trial.

I use DDU for every driver install its brilliant and boots it safe mode to un install previous driver.

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=5

Haven't had a crash today in single player, as soon as I go online it crashes in the first game...

It's really odd, no errors, nothing...

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Haven't had a crash today in single player, as soon as I go online it crashes in the first game...

It's really odd, no errors, nothing...

Yeah its very frustrating TBH, I really think something is deffo up with the online end of things. If in server history the ping tab is arseways trying to find a game and at certain times its impossible to find an IRISH SERVER.

• Advertisement

Zero crashes for me so far, thankfully. The latest drivers also sorted out the strange stuttering for me, now runs at 120fps 1440p ultra without problems! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Specs are R9 290 @ 1060/1250, i5 4670k @4.7 ghz, 8GB 1866, 256GB EVO SSD

Playing on Ultra with FXAA and AA disabled. Using SSAO instead of HBAO. Motion blur disabled etc

I get on average between 70-110 FPS with fairly occasional dips to 50 FPS in busy scenes, or with explosions.

CPU usage is maxing out at 95-100. When it maxes out at 100 for a long spell is when I get dips.

I get 5-10% better FPS in DX12 but there is clearly a problem with it right now. Frametime is actually considerably lower than DX11 for the most part but shoots up in some scenes creating horrendous input lag that outweighs the benefits.

I hope they fix the DX12 problem and the CPU bottleneck. My performance is generally quite smooth, I think aided by the fact that I have a FreeSync monitor so any variance in FPS isn't as noticable, but I've friends with new i5's and 1070's who are struggling for performance.

I am dreaming about upgrading though, my eyes struggle to process anything less than 144hz :(

Yeah its very frustrating TBH, I really think something is deffo up with the online end of things. If in server history the ping tab is arseways trying to find a game and at certain times its impossible to find an IRISH SERVER.

Yeah, I just did that and it does seem to work when I try and limit myself to Irish or UK servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Went through JackFrags "TryHard" guide last night (most setting except for reducing all the graphics to low) and the game feels a lot tighter for me now. I'm able to focus my fire a lot easier. I still have trouble with the medic rifles though.

People having fps issues if you haven't done so already try turning off origin overlay, makes a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Dcully wrote: »
    People having fps issues if you haven't done so already try turning off origin overlay, makes a big difference.

Which is that the pre game friends list that's at the side?

Do you guys minimise origin or leave it full screen when playing? Will try to disable the overlay and see whats what. Cheers.....

How do you actually disable the origin overlay?

[application settings - origin in game - enable origin in game] where you will see a slider , just turn it off.
    I just leave origin open as I left it don't minimize it or anything.

Cheers, as soon as the I launch I just press X and get it off the screen but obviously its running in the background.

• Advertisement

Lads gonna DL this park CPU app, how does it work exactly. Do you have to run it every time you start windows and leave it open or run it and shut it every time you start?

Advertisement