Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF1 settings sharing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I think why people are getting so annoyed over the issues is that it is effectively the same game engine as BF4, and people are maxing that out on huge TFTs and getting 100+ fps on the same components.

Then this launches and the same components are essentially worthless at the minute getting terrible performance for the most part, I know its only out but most bugs and glitches are servers issues and little things, this is quite serious with alot of people starting to not play it until its patched.

Same people bother playing on lower settings maybe high or medium until it is patched? I got a cheap card with a decent cpu because I couldn't afford the 600+ quid price bracket of newest cards. The game still looks so good on lower settings. Be interesting to see what frames you all get on the settings I play on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Then this launches and the same components are essentially worthless at the minute getting terrible performance for the most part, I know its only out but most bugs and glitches are servers issues and little things, this is quite serious with alot of people starting to not play it until its patched.

I think it runs very well tbh. I just went 4K a week ago (nice 'little' 24inch IPS, nothing extreme) and have only really tried 3 games that really push the eye candy levels and this performs the best of them all. The Division I average about 45fps at 4k (vs. about 70-80 at 1440p and maxing my old monitor at 120 when it was 1080p). The Witcher 3 hovered around 50-60. And BF1 is 70+ except in extremes. So while there are definitely some issues out there I think there's a wee bit of Internet hyperbolae aswell. So far I've found this to be less buggy than Bf4 on release...at least there's no huge tower begging to be destroyed that in turn crashes the server :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

There are deffo people the game is not affecting but they are in the minority, there are atoo many people (myself included) that are getting terrible performance from really good components (alot better then mine) for it to be teenage dirtbags moaning online.

Game really does need a serious patch in fairness.

There are deffo people the game is not affecting but they are in the minority, there are atoo many people (myself included) that are getting terrible performance from really good components (alot better then mine) for it to be teenage dirtbags moaning online.

Game really does need a serious patch in fairness.

I think I'm in the minority have a link to the reddit or forums? What is your idle cpu usage wonda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have zero issue with the game so far, runs perfectly apart from the odd connection loss. I have a 144hz monitor have have it locked at 60fps, it doesn't feel right running at 120-144hz for some reason.

• Advertisement

I think I'm in the minority have a link to the reddit or forums? What is your idle cpu usage wonda?

Idle @ desktop or idle in menu of game mate?

Have a look on the official BF1 forum some serious rage over there some of it warranted some of it bull****.

Idle @ desktop or idle in menu of game mate?

Have a look on the official BF1 forum some serious rage over there some of it warranted some of it bull****.

idle at desktop just after or 5 mins after you start up

Absolute zero usage on 3 cores and one just fluctuating a tad every now and then, sparks to life if I open a web page etc and then back down.....

Absolute zero usage on 3 cores and one just fluctuating a tad every now and then, sparks to life if I open a web page etc and then back down.....

% wise 0? what does it say when the you use a web page?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

399504.JPG

Why have your FOV so low ? I know it's the default. But you'd want at LEAST 90 horizontal. I think mines at 100 or so.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Why have your FOV so low ? I know it's the default. But you'd want at LEAST 90 horizontal. I think mines at 100 or so.

Why have it so high? Closer objects just look further away. Distant objects look even further away. usually have it on 60 H75.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Why have it so high? Closer objects just look further away. Distant objects look even further away. usually have it on 60 H75.

Aren't most FPS on PC played at FOV90 ?

I hate having such a small cone of vision, it make a big difference to me up at 90-100 as opposed to 75..

% wise 0? what does it say when the you use a web page?

Processes 61 - Usage 1% - Memory 2.02GB - Idle desktop.

Goes to 4% for split second opening stuff up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Wonda have you seen this ? might help you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/57nh6y/bf1_performance_tips_for_pc_potentially_huge_fps/

@ iLikeWaffles 55 FOV in an online fps? no just no no no m8.

You need to see more, 55 fov is ok for someone sittign on their couch on console but for pc bump it up to 75-90 atleast, you will see more people to kill :P

Unless you have a tiny monitor?

Dcully wrote: »

I did mate, tried it all. Just resigned to playing it on medium and dealing with the lag until something surfaces.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I did mate, tried it all. Just resigned to playing it on medium and dealing with the lag until something surfaces.

Cheers.

What are your PC specs, just out of curiosity?

Wonda have you seen this ? might help you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/57nh6y/bf1_performance_tips_for_pc_potentially_huge_fps/

@ iLikeWaffles 55 FOV in an online fps? no just no no no m8.

You need to see more, 55 fov is ok for someone sittign on their couch on console but for pc bump it up to 75-90 atleast, you will see more people to kill :P

Unless you have a tiny monitor?

Use 60/75 that looks good enough to me anything more just looks wrong imo.

Cheers.

Check to see if windows update service is running. I was having a laggy game last night and had a look in WTM and sure enough windows update was running for no apparent reason along with a load of other services. It was not using much cpu or memory maybe 20mb in host processes but stopping the processes gave me back the 10fps I was suddenly missing. By default I have updates set to manual so it shouldn't have been running in the first place. Grouped services should be netsvcs I installed windows movie maker recently and that's what turned them on I think.

Cheers.

Try running this and let it do its thing.
    Updates drivers for everything in your rig,chipset,system devices etc.
    If this doesnt work i give up.

http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster-pro.php?AFF=40025&__c=1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Nvidia dropped another game ready driver this afternoon.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/driverResults.aspx/109958/en-uk

• Advertisement

What would you update, TBH all I really can update is the GPU. Do you really think that DL intel mobo drivers and LAN drivers & audio etc would help?

TBH, I really am tempted to do a fresh install of Windows again just for ****s and giggles.

Delete post duplicate

What would you update, TBH all I really can update is the GPU. Do you really think that DL intel mobo drivers and LAN drivers & audio etc would help?

TBH, I really am tempted to do a fresh install of Windows again just for ****s and giggles.

Yes have everything updated. Nothing to lose.

What are your PC specs, just out of curiosity?

Sorry TF, I posted them earlier...

i5 2500K @ 4.4ghz
    16GB 2300mhz Ram
    iChill GTX1060
    Asus P8P67 Deluxe mobo
    Benq 24" TFT @ 1920x1200 60hz (or 59.99 if you look in BF1 :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

i5 2500K @ 4.4ghz
    16GB 2300mhz Ram
    iChill GTX1060
    Asus P8P67 Deluxe mobo

There is something up, I've a 2500k as well and with a 1070 it is running on 2k on ultra @60fps perfectly.

Definetly update all drivers my realtek audio driver was causing lots of crashes. Update intel drivers too.

Turn off anything running in the background, shadowplay, fraps, origin overlay, windows hdr.

And turn off v sync.

i5 2500K @ 4.4ghz
    16GB 2300mhz Ram
    iChill GTX1060
    Asus P8P67 Deluxe mobo

What cooling do you have also? I increased the intake fans to max and got a few more fps running on high settings now 47/50 fps!

Try any benchmark software?

Heaven benchmark

What cooling do you have also? I increased the intake fans to max and got a few more fps running on high settings now 47/50 fps!

Try any benchmark software?

Heaven benchmark

I have a corsair H series water-cooled on her, even under full load for hours gaming never goes above low 50c. I have very good cooling in case.

I have a corsair H series water-cooled on her, even under full load for hours gaming never goes above low 50c. I have very good cooling in case.

See what that benchmark will tell you!

Did you run driver booster then?

• Advertisement

I did Cully, only 2 drivers out of date and they were not essential TBH ( but its a very good programme). I did do a clean fresh install of win 7 64 and still no where near acceptable performance.

Everything is up to date my end has to be an issue DICE/nvidia side.

Advertisement