Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Craft beer as a birthday gift?

• 06-11-2016 12:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

Today is my brothers birthday. He turns 34😉. I was thinking that I might buy him a selection (6-8) of craft beers for his birthday. Do the educated taste buds of Boards have any recommendations?

A number of pointers
    1. He's not a guiness or ale drinker
    2. He's not too fussy regarding beer I've seen him drink Bud, Coors Lite, Miller, Heineken (under duress),
    3. I've also seen him drinking wine from a pint glass..... so apart from point 1 take point 2 with a grain (bucket) of salt!!
    4. I'm not based in Dublin but have Tesco, Aldi, Lidl, Super Value, Dunnes, O'Briens, Carry Out locally

I don't drink beer myself and as a result would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK, so he's basically a lager drinker, so there's no point in going too adventurous straight off the bat if he has no interest in anything else at the moment. So I'd suggest keeping it simple and buying him lagers with a bit more flavour than he currently drinks - maybe Spaten, O'Hara's, Budvar, Brooklyn Lager, Trouble Brewing's Kill Lager, that sort of thing. If he gets a taste for them he might move on to other styles later, but everyone starts somewhere. :)

Advertisement