Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stress at current work place vs PSNI

Options
  • 30-10-2016 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi. I am wondering if stress in my medical history would affect my application?
    I am looking forward to apply to join PSNI and currently I am off work due harassment, bullying and work related stress. I have been off for two weeks and it will be at least a month until case would be settled. I have declared willing to undertake the same work or any other but in different location and the declaration is recorded on paper by nurse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭PCWannabe

Hi there. This wouldn't affect your medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

PSNI wouldn't stand for bullying and harassment. In terms of work related stress beware, its not an easy job and you will be expected to handle a sometimes massive workload. If your stress is based around the bullying etc then hopefully that will disappear with a new job, but if its based on workload then maybe think twice!

Advertisement