Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

UCD Engineering & Architecture

• 21-09-2016 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26 ✭✭✭ JimmyJabber

I have completed a level 8 degree this year in Mechanical Engineering. However, Architecture has always interested me, and is quickly becoming a passion.

I have noticed there is a post-grad course available in UCD, Engineering & Architecture. The course basically is there to support people looking to pursue architecture as a career, who do not have the initial 3 year bachelor in Architecture, but an 'equivalent' degree. There is not however any specific courses listed which would make one eligible for this. I have the minimum GPA needed.

Has anyone had any experience with this course directly? Can anyone recommend some tips on following this up? I have already emailed to inquire but no response. Any help or advice would be welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ PaperArchitect

JimmyJabber - As far as I'm aware UCD offers a Structural Engineering with Architecture Degree. It is a 5 year, 3 + 2 degree ending in a Masters. It might be possible to enter into year 4 with your degree.
    However, this will not exempt you from the RIAI requirements for a sufficient undergraduate degree nor will it allow you to progress to your Professional Diploma for registration as an Architect. Perhaps there is a new course I am not aware of? I am certain however, that any Architecture course in Ireland will not allow you to progress beyond year 2 of a 5 year degree, regardless of your previous education/experience.

Advertisement