Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 2 | The Well [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Shaungoater

I'm not even halfway in but I'm tapping out on this one. Utter f*cking sh*t.

Now Carol it seems not only channels MacGuyver but also the kid from The Sixth Sense and sees 'dead people...walking around like regular people.' Why not? But I can forgive that as being the usual cliched nonsense the show dishes up. I can even forgive the guys on horseback going around like extras from Final Fantasy VIII.

It's asking a lot but I will try my damnedest to tolerate a bunch of AMERICANS voluntarily deciding to call their community 'THE KINGDOM' and not 'Cape Hope' or 'Spirit of Lincoln' or something you would actually expect AMERICANS to do.

But I'm sorry...

King Ezekiel? And his pet tiger?

F*ck that. F*ck that big time.

This zombie situation has only been happening for what, 2-3 years tops, and yet local Americans have decided to throw their lot in behind a psychopath who prances about like Freddie Mercury in one camp, and a f*cking loon with a pet tiger like something from Life of Pi, speaking like a bad Shakespearean actor on crack?

This show is beyond saving. Total crap. This isn't just jumping the shark, it's jumping it, circling around, jumping it again, and then hopping on the back of a tiger and jumping over it with that.

I gave it a 1 only because I'm not allowed to give it the nul points it deserves.

My wife feels the same as you. I don't know though, after last weeks episode I am clinging to some hope it can get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Where's the other fella with dreadlocks (and glasses?) gone? Jesus? Can't remember for the life of me

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Had to laugh at the knock on the door and Carol opens it with the tiger is standing there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Where's the other fella with dreadlocks (and glasses?) gone? Jesus? Can't remember for the life of me

Jesus lives in Hilltop (where Maggie is gone)

But I assume you are talking about Heath. He is back in Alexandria. The thing about him is that the actor is signed on to play the lead role in the new 24 series so hard to know what they are going to do with his character. In the comics he was a big player and was even there when Glenn got his head bashed in but he got very little screen time last season

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Your posts on TWD for the last few seasons have all been on the "The show is now beyond saving" tone though, haven't they to be fair?!!!

Ever think, and this isn't me having a go, just general point, that you have convinced yourself for the last few years how bad it is and you are blinkered by that skepticism just a small bit?

Again, I amn't going down the "why do you watch it if you hate it" route,(a boring approach and just leads to antagonism and thread derailing) we all revel in a bit of perversion when it comes to shows we want to hate, being Irish! We love negativity in this country and revel in a bit of failure as we love a rant!

No, I think there has been a shocking drop in quality the last two years.

Compare an episode like tonight's with one from Season 1 or 2 and it just wouldn't fit in because the show has gone from gritty horror to almost fantasy cartoonishness.

There have been bad episodes of TWD before but tonight's episode was the first time I found myself questioning whether I should pack in watching the show altogether. I'd love to find out what the whole zombie epidemic was all about but I'm not sure I can put up with several seasons of this type of thing. The walkers don't even seem like much of a threat now, and it seems to be all about power struggles involving outlandish characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

If you're waiting for a resolution as to why the zombies are there you won't get it. As far as I know this hasn't still been addressed in the comic and kirkman has said on record that he doesn't think he ever will reveal what causes them

If you're waiting for a resolution as to why the zombies are there you won't get it. As far as I know this hasn't still been addressed in the comic and kirkman has said on record that he doesn't think he ever will reveal what causes them

So they won't touch on the stuff they referenced at the end of Season 1? That's pretty pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

So they won't touch on the stuff they referenced at the end of Season 1? That's pretty pathetic.

But who would reference it, or solve it? Whose left to do that. Can't imagine there's too many scientists with well equipped labs...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Snoozefest of an episode. It's probably going to be quite until episode 6 now. Then a cliff hanger for a mid season break.

sabhail wrote: »
    But who would reference it, or solve it? Whose left to do that. Can't imagine there's too many scientists with well equipped labs...

Wasn't it said at the end of season 1 that scientists in France had been close to finding a cure?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I thought it was decent. The common enemy is the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Skimmed through the episode in about 15 minutes. Dull and repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Wasn't it said at the end of season 1 that scientists in France had been close to finding a cure?

Yep.. But I think it also said something like 'France or maybe everywhere, went quiet'. So in reality there's no cure or explanation, which is probably one of the most realistic things about it.

Just thinking, its quite depressing really, after a few years, there's still plenty good people, and theyve learnt to survive by either fighting or negotiating or accepting, what the bad guys do.

But, to be sure of surviving in a world with no law or means to implement law, you have to use violence, no other option. And you have to move away from the likes of Morgans, all life is precious, stuff. Its what I like about show I think, the move of 'decent' people to survivors with all the ethical questions that entails.

Really enjoyed tonights episode, thought the tiger thing was going to be just stupid, but they got it back when Ezekiel gave his back story, and his comment re how tiger wouldn't touch him, until it does...

Agree with someone upthread tho, better to have episodes which mix locations rather than one at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,328 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Fairly slow episode this week but was always going to be after last week's gore fest.

Well after a great opening episode we get this snoozefest. I suppose it was to be expected.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Disagree. And to clarify, by architecture, I don't mean the character progressions or storylines, I mean how the season is constructed from a film-making point of view; something this show has been very weak on for several years now. Ezekiel obvs needed a strong introduction, sure. But that's not what I'm talking about. This show relies on pacing just as much as it does story, and this sets the stage for another season of flip-flopping between two stories in a manner that progresses both stories far too slowly. On its own, grand. But I'm actually dreading having to sit through one week of Rick & co., the next week Ezekiel & co. ad infinitum. There's no need for the story to be told this way, just like there was no need for a season and a half of switching between the prison and Woodbury. They should be able to tell two stories in one episode without any issue, like how season one would juggle Rick in Atlanta with Shane & co. in the woods.

Episode 1 and Episode 2 should have just been one episode, When Carol done happy smiley before, it was well played, this looked so fake, maybe on purpose so that the King could see through it, still poor though. If they had blended the two, they could have skipped all that filler rubbish and had one great episode.
    bazz26 wrote: »
    Had to laugh at the knock on the door and Carol opens it with the tiger is standing there.
    There was an evil thought where I seen Shiva pouncing in and ripping Carol asunder.
    Considering the CDC and several other labs around the world could not get close to it (rumours in France = scientists showboating). They have a science teacher and a few sheds, even if they had an interest it would be years in their timeline before they get to it.

All in all, I liked it but it is showing me more that they should cull the episode number down to 12 or even lower per season.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Thought it was an average episode, but was expecting that (and have got used to it after previous seasons) after last week.

Good introduction into the character of Ezekiel and his "realm", The Kingdom. I like how they revealed that it was all an act in this episode and his back story made sense. I haven't read the comics and when I heard there was going to be a pet tiger I thought that this was ridiculous but then again I am watching a show about zombies! Thought his side kick Gerry/Jerry (think that was his name?!) was a good light hearted addition.

He was also defiantly making a booty call to Carol's little love shack at the end of the episode!

CramCycle wrote: »
    Episode 1 and Episode 2 should have just been one episode, When Carol done happy smiley before, it was well played, this looked so fake, maybe on purpose so that the King could see through it, still poor though. If they had blended the two, they could have skipped all that filler rubbish and had one great episode.

I think the sheer intensity of the first episode would be diminished a lot if you had intermittent scenes of tigers and the like!
    Whatever about Sunday, the season premiere stood alone as an episode perfectly. You also have the fact that Sundays episode took place two days after Episode 1. So switching scenes on a different timeline is generally a no no on these shows.
    Its a hard one to call. Given the timeline (2 days had passed since episode 1 (ie Carol was in a comatosed state for two days), some introductory scenes to Sanctuary and Daryll mixed with Sundays episode may have been the best route.

I am starting to think they will skip forward a few days when we next see Alexndria and we may not even see it until Episode 4. Next episode seems to be focused on Neagan's compound (Sanctuary)

The problem lies in the fact the episodes are just too short. It was easier to handle in first few seasons as the show was focused on one large group for the main part until Woodbury.

I just think it was best to get out of the way the main introductory episodes to characters that are going to be big players as soon a s possible and in one big clump.

King Ezekiel in real life!!

270?cb=20160722211910

Looks like a black Vince from Entourage!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Looks like they only had 50$ left over for the tiger cgi after last week. Anyone growing tired of the Carol innocent act as soon as she meets new people? It worked in Alexandria but now it's just silly imo.

Poor enough episode overall, voted a 5.

Ezekiel called her out on the acting when they had the chat in the fruit garden. He knew exactly what she was up to. Carol pretty much summed up a lot of viewers thoughts on the kingdom as a silly utopia. As we saw later,beneath the surface it's not quite the paradise that was originally portrayed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Thought it was all a bit silly at the start but i liked the episode the more it went on and the last scene was very good were Ezekiel explained who he really was. Thought it was really good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Worst. Episode. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Jesus lives in Hilltop (where Maggie is gone)

But I assume you are talking about Heath. He is back in Alexandria. The thing about him is that the actor is signed on to play the lead role in the new 24 series so hard to know what they are going to do with his character. In the comics he was a big player and was even there when Glenn got his head bashed in but he got very little screen time last season

Heath! That's it. thanks

I agree with the general consensus that this episode was boring as, but to be expected. I did like the bit where Ezekiel explained that it's all an act though. Also, he is a fine looking thing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Boring as hell episode with one or two individually good scenes, I wish Carol would just die, I can't stand her character since her very first appearance.

I like TWD in general but they drag the seasons out far too much with pointless, poorly constructed filler. Not saying this episode was entirely filler, but a lot of it was and it wasn't well crafted overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Star_Nupa

I was pretty bored at times during that episode.

Carol's play-acting was done in a way as to make it so obvious to the viewer - it was bad. I for one would've appreciate a little more subtly.

I agree with Nervous Wreck, but I alway still look forward to the next episode, because you the show does tend to swing from one extreme to the other.

I thought Sheva look cool!

I think the meeting with Carol in the auditorium and with the guy folding the clothes was intentionally exaggerated to bring a little bit of comedy and light relief. I don't think the writers were taking her response seriously and we're well aware the viewers would know it was a little ott, even for "fake Carol".

I imagine going forward it's going to be a dark as sh1t season and a little bit of silly comedic scenes in an episode or 2 can be excused.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

I actually enjoyed that episode for what it was, first impression of King Ezekiel is that he could be an excellent character. It was good that they went into his motivation somewhat but the reality is it's a zombie apocalypse and this guy with massive dreads is running around calling himself a King and he has a tiger. That is insane no matter the context, it shouldn't have worked.......but it did.

All in all a solid episode. 7/10

Side thought: I don't quite know what to make of Morgan anymore, has he realised that perhaps his mantra of "all life is precious" isn't feasible or is he just struggling with the guilt of killing Carol's assailant ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I just thought the ott fake carol was stupid, considering how good she has been. This said, it was not a bad episode, just overlong again for what was in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I have to say I enjoyed it as a more light hearted episode, as I'm not entirely delighted that Rick etcs world is such a horrifically grim place right now.

I initially thought the kingdom was silly but I'm glad Carol called it and Azeke admitted it was a farce, he's a pretty nice guy and I think we need fresh charismatic characters like himself and Jesus this season to balance out the irrepressible ****storm force that is the Saviors.

As an aside, was the kingdom received as a bit of a joke in the comics?

• Advertisement

But Carol has always played people when she is suspicious of them or has an agenda. she was fake in the prison with the whole kids and shooting thing and killing the sick people and then more so when in Alexandria playing the cake and cookie baking housewife while scaring the shute out of Sam!
    She knows how to turn it on and this scenario with a man in a throne with a pet tiger lent itself to her having to put on the biggest faccade yet.

It was a bit silly but not a highly unrealistic response by her to it all!

Advertisement