Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 2 | The Well [AMC] [SPOILERS]

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Killing activates the virus, not the blood etc itself.

In 28 days later you could contract zombieism by exposing diseased blood to soft tissue (eyes, mouth, open wounds, etc).
    Isn't it the same in TWD? A bite from a zombie makes you sick and kills you so there must be something in the zombie blood/saliva/tissue. If the pigs eat the zombies and then humans eat the pigs, it's plausible that the humans will become sick.

We don't know how long the saviours have been taking food from the kingdom and they do it on rotation. The saviours said this time the pigs are a lot bigger so maybe this is the first time they have sent tainted pigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Last weeks ep was a big greasy burger rammed down your throat. This ep felt more like a scoop of vanilla ice cream and syrup. I like the contrast between episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm liking the King and the CGI is quite good.
    Ah, stop. That CGI was more than impressive.
    Pete Moss wrote: »
    On the plus side though, I thought the CGI for Shiva was fantastic

The fantastic CGI was actually animatronic. The less fantastic sections, as in those that were noticeably CGI, were obviously CGI.

shiva-the-walking-dead%20.png

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Right I'm getting confused with the gangs/locations is it -
    Negans gang, the saviours at the Sanctuary
    Eziekial, the kingdom (have they a name)
    Jesus crew the hilltop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

^ think that's right, yeah.

I keep getting Jesus and Heath mixed up. Googled Jesus there and I really liked him I hope he comes back in to it

• Advertisement

Googled Jesus there and I really liked him I hope he comes back

11jr9r.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    The saviours said this time the pigs are a lot bigger so maybe this is the first time they have sent tainted pigs?

Yes I thought this also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I don't understand all the hate for the episode, I quite enjoyed it! It was a bit ridiculous and over the top, but it was meant to be. I thought the score was a tad kitsch but other than that it was great to just see this random fiefdom in the centre of the zombie apocalypse. :D Even the tiger. I'm not a comic reader and have been keeping away from spoilers so it was completely unexpected.

Also, side note, aren't pomegranates also called love apples? I think that makes it a booty call! :P

I actually enjoyed this more than last week's episode, even though I know I'm in the minority. At least the character decisions made sense (that's exactly how Carol would act) and we got a few new faces introduced, as well as seeing how these places are all linked. I do think the next food collection will have Darryl turn up there though and see Carol. We'll be right back to all the doom and gloom then and that'll make all you miserable bäckstards happy! :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

02_04110749_9d3f54_2590050a.jpg

For those who find walking undead flesh eaters more believable than a bloody tiger on a leash :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

I'm finding these episodes away from the action hard to buy. The ones where we see "civilised life".

Food, electricity, housing are all plentiful. The place is spotless, clothes are new, people are all clean. While some of these things are forgiveable (scavenging and whatnot), it's just a bit much to suspend disbelief.

Carol even asks for a tissue at one stage. Are they still manufacturing those things? Surely in this sort of society you'd be using handkerchiefs.

Pomegranates and peaches? Those imported :rolleyes: or home grown, because that's fresh produce. They *can* be grown in places like Ireland and mid Atlantic seaboard in Untied States, but it's pretty damn difficult.

Most people were wearing clothes like jeans: again, are these merely scavenged or produced locally? We are a number of years into the post-apocalyptic setting at this point, can supermarkets and shops still be abundantly stocked?

It would be interesting to see the citizens deal with the problems of production and survival. Hearing home-spun philosophy about violence, national determinism, or individual freedom are tiresome and ill placed. If I hear one more person going on about how they can't take their current predicament, or one more person preaching from their moralistic platform, I cannot be held responsible for what I will do to these screen writers.

The tiger is okay though - taken from zoo or circus and fed on scraps perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Iron Mike and his pet Tiger

For those who find walking undead flesh eaters more believable than a bloody tiger on a leash :rolleyes:

Thats a drugged up tiger though

I'm finding these episodes away from the action hard to buy. The ones where we see "civilised life".

Food, electricity, housing are all plentiful. The place is spotless, clothes are new, people are all clean. While some of these things are forgiveable (scavenging and whatnot), it's just a bit much to suspend disbelief.

Carol even asks for a tissue at one stage. Are they still manufacturing those things? Surely in this sort of society you'd be using handkerchiefs.

Pomegranates and peaches? Those imported :rolleyes: or home grown, because that's fresh produce. They *can* be grown in places like Ireland and mid Atlantic seaboard in Untied States, but it's pretty damn difficult.

Most people were wearing clothes like jeans: again, are these merely scavenged or produced locally? We are a number of years into the post-apocalyptic setting at this point, can supermarkets and shops still be abundantly stocked?

It would be interesting to see the citizens deal with the problems of production and survival. Hearing home-spun philosophy about violence, national determinism, or individual freedom are tiresome and ill placed. If I hear one more person going on about how they can't take their current predicament, or one more person preaching from their moralistic platform, I cannot be held responsible for what I will do to these screen writers.

The tiger is okay though - taken from zoo or circus and fed on scraps perhaps.
    There's thousands of tissues, jeans, etc in shop storerooms. Given most of the population is dead or zombified supply greatly exceeds demand. But they aren't all readily accessible from day 1. A supermarket might have been overrun for 2 years, etc. So supplies are drip fed sporadically as areas clear.

I'm not sure what's unbelievable about fruit. They aren't in the mid atlatic seaboard, they are in the south. Rural areas, so quite possible that there are pre existing fruit trees that produce each year. Fruit is a much more believable source of food than pigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Mellor wrote: »
    They aren't in the mid atlatic seaboard, they are in the south.

They started off in the south but then went up to the Northern Virginia suburbs of DC. That's neither south nor seaboard, but most fruits can be grown there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

We are also not really a large number of years, 2 years is it? Maybe a bit longer? I remember the timeline seemed like it must be longer before to me at some point and was told it was 18 months or so after the outbreak

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

We are also not really a large number of years, 2 years is it? Maybe a bit longer? I remember the timeline seemed like it must be longer before to me at some point and was told it was 18 months or so after the outbreak

^^ this. I know it's been on tv for nearly 7 years, but in their timeline it hasn't been that long. Use Judith as a gauge. How old is she now, just over a year old or so? We haven't seen her walking yet so not much more than that. I know Carl looks a lot older now but we'll just have to suspend our disbelief there. Chandler Riggs has gotten very tall and teenagery, in fact he's now 17, which makes him seem a lot older that the little boy we remember him as in S1.

It's probably only been two years or so since 'it' happened. Realistically, they've probably only been in Alexandria a few months, tops. Beth died very shortly before that (three weeks or so), and Terminus was probably only a matter of a couple of weeks before that.

I know writers can mess with timelines (artistic licence, etc) , but I've always thought of Judith as my timeline gauge :) whatever age she appears to be in the show, add on another year or so (9 months of pregnancy+a few months at the very start when Lori wasn't pregnant).

Advertisement