Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircode App

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

eirman wrote: »
    "
    The receiver instantly gets the address, distance and travel time estimate from their location, and"

can use any navigation app on their phone (e.g. Google Maps, Apple Maps, TomTom) to get accurate directions direct to your door.

Anybody know how the above bit works ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,848 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

daphil wrote: »
    "
    The receiver instantly gets the address, distance and travel time estimate from their location, and"

can use any navigation app on their phone (e.g. Google Maps, Apple Maps, TomTom) to get accurate directions direct to your door.

Anybody know how the above bit works ?

I just registered and sent myself a link, it asks what app you want to use for the directions when you click the link. It's a feature of the operating system more than the app.

About bloody time they did this, it actually makes Eircode useful for professionals.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

Del2005 wrote: »
    I just registered and sent myself a link, it asks what app you want to use for the directions when you click the link. It's a feature of the operating system more than the app.

About bloody time they did this, it actually makes Eircode useful for professionals.

Thanks, did not even have to Register. Put in address, tapped "Directions" and was offered choice of Google maps or Tomtom "My Drive on my phone. Because I have a TomTom 6100, there is an option to send the route directly from my phone ,(or P.C.), to my Sat nav.
    Now THATS usefull.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

125 euro + vat per user
    website restrictions to follow: IIRC one search per day per IP address

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

I only realised that today when I went to use it.

Only in Ireland. How much did the taxpayer pay? Was it €25m?

R(ip)OI at its best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement