Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance

Options
  • 27-10-2016 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Know very little about classic cars, but is insurance very expensive on them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

Mostly depends on your age...and the age of the car. If you are over 25 and the car is over 30 you're looking at anything between €150 - c.€400 for a limited mileage policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

and you will normally need proof that you have an existing policy on a normal vehicle for daly use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

120 with campion but policy is 3rd party only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

400 a year for my 97 bmw 840 with a limited 6000 miles a year with allianz through first ireland brokers.

Car must be 15 or older , driver needs to be 25 or older and it's my daily and only car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

FBD dont have a limited milage policy on classic cars so go with them if you plan on using your car alot.

• Advertisement

Skatedude wrote: »
    400 a year for my 97 bmw 840 with a limited 6000 miles a year with allianz through first ireland brokers.

Car must be 15 or older , driver needs to be 25 or older and it's my daily and only car

Did they really quote you in miles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Did they really quote you in miles?

Yes, but they list the km as well, but i'll always use millage for cars. And most "classics will still be using a millage odometer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

homingbird wrote: »
    FBD dont have a limited milage policy on classic cars so go with them if you plan on using your car alot.

I tried FBD for classic insurance and - while they came back with a good quote - they had some odd conditions, e.g. they listed me as 'retired' (and said they had to do so for a classic policy?!?) even though I work full-time and am decades from retirement?!:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement