Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Automobilista Motorsports Simulator

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

e31.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

REM76 wrote: »
    The price they sold these cack addons is a pure disgrace. Why people continue to fund this sub-standard sham company is beyond me.

They have racked up millions in debt in South America, bailed out by a farcical crowd funding exercise in Europe.

They have delayed releases of material for months to bridge their tax obligations, but the mask is slipping now big time. Worst of all, all those who contributed to their cash whoring crowd funding could be charged under SA law for fraudulent activities, though unlikely.

Karma for Reiza, a slap of reality for their cheerleaders, a tough 12 months ahead as the audit begins.

What the hell are you talking about?

I happily donated their crowd funding for a supreme product with a tonne of free content, this is their first ever paid DLC.
    Their previous sims stock car extreme and formula trucks saw a string of free DLC.
    Not sure where your getting your info but its funny as fcuk.

Ah a quick check of your name and i see now, your the one man crusade show that got his ass banned over on Race department, lol just lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The price they sold these cack addons is a pure disgrace. Why people continue to fund this sub-standard sham company is beyond me.
    When it comes to small independent companies making simulator software I think this model of releasing DLC so they can fund further development is a fair one. The alternatives are, the old way, buying a game and that's the end of it, no more development. the iRacing model of a monthly fee, or the DLC model which gives us desirable content and improvements to the overall game.

AMS got given out for free to a lot of people, it's obvious that they, like iRacing, rFactor and Assetto Corsa want to create a platform peice of software that people can depend on for years, knowing it won't go out of date. If you want the new content buy it, if you don't want the new content you still get your game updated for free. That's a great deal as far as I'm concerned.

They have racked up millions in debt in South America, bailed out by a farcical crowd funding exercise in Europe.
    Worst of all, all those who contributed to their cash whoring crowd funding could be charged under SA law for fraudulent activities, though unlikely.
    Kickstarter has legal issues in many countries, hopefully they stayed on the right side of the law wherever they applied for the kickstarter campaign. If they didn't I'm assuming it's some sort of tax issue that's the problem.

But that's they're internal problem, I doubt it has any bearing on the quality of the game.

They didn't, and tax is the least of their problems. Brazil is not a country who will tolerate commercial begging from a company like Reiza. You may be aware of their shady practice of modding circuits through one individual with the initials PG, to circumvent paying for track licences....also under investigation.
    I have nothing against kickstarter in principle. It allows a company to get the funds they need to bring a product to market and I'm fine with that as long as it's all above board. The fact that Kickstarter has worked for some companies and is completely legal in some countries shows that the issue is probably bureaucratic.

It's incredibly difficult to get the financials together to start a new business or even a new product. Kickstarter rather than going the traditional route of finding backers that are only interested in profit allows companies connect with the end customers who want the product. It cuts out that horrible profiteering that cripples other companies ability to put product above profit.

I've never contributed to a kickstarter, I don't think I ever would. But if others want to and understand the risks then I have no problem with it.

I don't know what the story is with licensed tracks. I can fully understand why they'd go down the route of making content that's just different enough to fall outside of licensing, some of the prices are ridiculous and out of the reach of less well funded groups. Kunos have put a lot of effort into licensing, it's one of their selling points. But it's not possible for everyone to do the same thing, especially when they're in competition with other developers.

The price for their game and DLC is higher than AC, but there's no law to say they have to price match their competitors, I don't think AMS has the same customer base either. That means they can't sell more for less.

For the price of the game I just wouldn't invest as much emotion as you seem to be investing. Don't like the game? Just don't play it. There's no need to go on a crusade of aggression with words like "sub standard sham company" and "commercial begging".

I agree for the most part.

But their crowd funding rankled with me, it was quite disgusting. They didn't need to do it, they wanted tax free money quickly. And it preyed on elements who are too immature to question these things. They paid up as a "fan boy".

It sickened me, well and truly. I've got young children, I don't want them subjected to this in the future. It was sly, it was disingenuous, greedy and immoral.
    I can understand not liking the whole concept of kickstarter and crowdfunding. But it's not disingenuous, greedy or immoral, it's not really free money, they do enter into an agreement to compensate people for their investment.

I still think it's an improvement over shareholders who fund products and companies just to turn a profit. Maybe it's open to abuse, but that doesn't mean a company can just ignore a revenue stream. All that matters to a company is money. They can't even open the doors without having money, that's the unfortunate state of affairs these days.

• Advertisement

Good riddance to that troll of trolls.

Regardless of his views the way he conducts himself is not acceptable.

The guy is banned from countless communities,seems to have a major issue with reiza that nobody understands.

First he complained about graphics over on RD and since then it spiralled into where ever his imagination rambles.

I watched on over on RD and never commented but he is not taking his garbage over here.

I'm now receiving threatening private messages, nice guy real nice.

Id just like to add i was happy to donate the small sum of €10 purely based on the quality of their previous sims stock car extreme and formula truck which both saw a string of free DL plus any owner of either of these previous games got Automobilista completely free!!!!

It proved a wise decision as now we have one of the best sims available and i also get all future DLC and beta access free, great deal to me and delighted i donated.

I have never seen any negativity about this campaign on any of the many sim communities i visit.
    It proved a huge success and the greater sim community as a whole have greeted it with open arms.

40% off on steam haloween sale €22.19 for base game which has over 20 tracks and almost as many racing series, add in the massive modding community and you have infinite content.
    I highly recommend Patrick Giranthons tracks and GTspeedsters converted tracks.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/431600/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Dcully wrote: »
    40% off on steam haloween sale €22.19 for base game which has over 20 tracks and almost as many racing series, add in the massive modding community and you have infinite content.
    I highly recommend Patrick Giranthons tracks and GTspeedsters converted tracks.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/431600/

I've a Steam account set up. I might buy this for the sake of having it. Might hurry along my build.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

I think PC is definitely the way to go alright for sim racing. Also thinking of going that route, but what kind of cost for a build to run this and AC smoothly with high graphical settings that out perform the ps4? And something that won't be outdated in a year.

• Advertisement

Head over to the pc building forum, loads of builds there for €500-€600 that outperform consoles easily.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

Imola DLC released ! four versions available, historic to modern.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Finally got to play this for a few hours the last few nights with the new wheel. Did some Time Trials around Interlagos in one of those Porsche GT cars, pretty good fun. Then switched to a Formula V12 - jesus the brakes on that are awesome! Engine sounds are fantastic in it also. Anyone else playing it?

Make sure you set your graphics up as suggested here

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sell-me-automobilista.126611/page-4#post-2320081

Also make sure you have your new wheel setup to the devs recommended settings,not sure what they are for your wheel but for my G27 there are few changes most notably degrees of rotation down to 260 degrees.
    These settings totally transform ffb.

Also check out this thread.

http://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-how-the-ffb-works-and-what-is-new-about-it.45/

Its an awesome sim with the best force feedback of them all,combined with the amazing physics you feel everything the car is doing which in a sim is pretty amazing, other sims come close but AMS has nailed it.
    Loads of cars and tracks plus an infinite amount of modded content, look out for tracks from Patrick Giranthon in particular.

Finally grab the CART EXTREME mod too.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cart-extreme.10810/

Simracers really are spoiled these days, between AMS and Assetto Corsa I have more than I have time for but if I had the time id certainly be taking a look at the big improvements the community seem to be raving about for rfactor2, add raceroom and iracing and you have limitless simracing :)

€14.79 on steam sale guys, what a bargain.

season pass DLC is 56% off too @ €28.72

Base game comes with a tonne of content, more than any sim player would need but the DLC they are putting out is top class.

I booted up the reiza V10 cars lastnight ,been meaning to do so as yer man Jimmy broadbent on youtube reckons its one of the very best sim cars out there.
    I set up a race weekend in Melbourne with 100% AI, eventually qualified in 8th place and finished in 7th after en eventful race.
    Came away 90 minutes later exhausted, what a hell of a workout.
    I cant believe i never really gave this car a proper go before.
    Ive been playing F12016 a bit lately for a more relaxed experience but WOW this is what its all about,easily the best F1 experience available,thoroughly exhausting and exhilarating :)

Formula truck released,downloading now.

The base game Formula truck along with reiza`s other work is the reason i bought into AMS early access.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/550800/

Formula dirt also came with lastnights patch, free for everyone and a blast to play :)

5 tonnes
    1200 BHP
    3,300 NM torque @ 2,000 RPM

= a lot of fun :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not sure if anybody watches any live races but this is great stuff!

• Advertisement

This combo is an example of top class physics.

Historic Imola is unrecognisable compared to the modern version.

Great isn't it :)

One of the best simulated cars ever in a sim,a must have for AMS owners.

Bought this game at the weekend, didn't realise it didn't have VR support, now I don't know whether to hold onto it or refund. My setup doesn't allow for monitor gaming anymore. I'm thinking hold onto it, that VR must be fairly close.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Base game is half price on steam atm,€13.99.

Been waiting for it to go on sale since got my wheel setup awhile ago.

New machine soon, some serious reflexes from Niels on display

Base sim is only €8.39 on steam right now :eek:
    Absolute insane bargain, base game comes with loads of content.
    Also big reductions in DLC.

DC_SHHhXoAAr7Ig.jpg:large

How awesome is this?
    :eek::eek::eek:

Base game is -50% on steam right now with DLC -60%

Still the best physics and ffb on the market.

• Advertisement

Advertisement