Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lidl Belgian Beer 6x Bottles - €15

Options
  • 22-06-2016 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Pretty good value here, and bound to tempt a few curious heads into trying some Belgian goodness. 6x 330ml bottles, with the following:

Gulden Draak
    Gulden Draak 9000
    Bornem Double
    Bornem Triple
    Piraat
    Piraat Triple Hop

All fantastic beers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I'd be interested in this. Do you have a link? Are they available already?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Picked up a pack last week.

All good beers, and good value.

Might pick up some more, if my local lidl still has them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭AaronEnnis

No link mate, sorry - picked them up in Lidl Athlone earlier, but I reckon they have only been in stock since the weekend or late last week. There was quite a lot of boxes though, so hopefully its a permanent fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Yep this has already been mentioned in the 'what are we drinking this week' thread. Great value and some cracking beers in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

8.00 sterling in the UK, about 10 euro.

Yet again, we are being robbed in Irl.

And don't blame excise:

RoI excise = 22.55 per hectolitre per %, or 22.55 cent per litre per %.

UK duty = 18.37 GBP, or about 22.96 cent per litre per %

plus UK extra duty on high strength beer, 5.48 GBP per hectolire per % for any beer over 7.5%

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rates-and-allowance-excise-duty-alcohol-duty/alcohol-duty-rates-from-24-march-2014

So higher excise in the UK, yet a 40% higher price in RoI.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Geuze wrote: »
    If they're bad value don't buy them. You are not being "robbed", the purchase is discretionary.

Ah, it's our right to moan about paying more than other countries. That said, that's nothing new.

I'm just happy to have the variety we do now. I might not have taken up homebrewing if the off-licenses were stocked with the selection we have now. €2.50 is still a good price for a Belgian beer. You might not think it's a deal, but I bought 5 packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

Does anyone know if this is still available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Does anyone know if this is still available?

was in the Lidl on the North Rd in Finaglas about a half hour ago and there were at least a hundred boxes there.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

was in the Lidl on the North Rd in Finaglas about a half hour ago and there were at least a hundred boxes there.

I Got some today in stillorgan, about 20 boxes left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 nastyboy03

Alright lads did this turn out to be a temporary offer or do Lidl still stock any decent Belgian beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nastyboy03

Alright lads did this turn out to be a temporary offer or do Lidl still stock any decent Belgian beer?

The ones we were talking about are gone. They have a new range on offer available everyday which includes a few belgians. I tried a few but they were just so-so. There was a link to reviews of most of the new stuff somewhere if you search this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

the beernut reviews tehm on his blog i think .. thebeernut.blogspot.com always worth a read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

The ones we were talking about are gone. They have a new range on offer available everyday which includes a few belgians. I tried a few but they were just so-so. There was a link to reviews of most of the new stuff somewhere if you search this forum.
    Permanently gone??? NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

shedweller wrote: »
    Permanently gone??? NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Today there was a good stock of these boxes in Lidl Tralee, which is a busy store, so I imagine they still must be in other stores.

Also, most of the Belgian 4-packs are reduced from €7.99 to €6.49 until the 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Geuze wrote: »
    8.00 sterling in the UK, about 10 euro.

And don't blame excise:

RoI excise = 22.55 per hectolitre per %, or 22.55 cent per litre per %.

UK duty = 18.37 GBP, or about 22.96 cent per litre per %

plus UK extra duty on high strength beer, 5.48 GBP per hectolire per % for any beer over 7.5%

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rates-and-allowance-excise-duty-alcohol-duty/alcohol-duty-rates-from-24-march-2014

So higher excise in the UK, yet a 40% higher price in RoI.

I bought a box of these in a LIDL in London last week (the 6 bottles offer referred to initially in this thread i mean), cant exactly recall the price but im sure it was more than £8 - think it may have been £10 or £11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

The ones they currently have in stock are dubbels AFAIK, less potent and flavourful imho, if its not a tripel at min 8% its not worth a ****e. There was good value in that beer box when it was out though.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The ones they currently have in stock are dubbels AFAIK, less potent and flavourful imho, if its not a tripel at min 8% its not worth a ****e. There was good value in that beer box when it was out though.

The beer boxes are still in stock, at least in some stores.

Advertisement