Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Lights

Options
  • 21-10-2016 4:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi! I'm looking for what I can only describe as the "classic" Christmas tree lights, in a string. The last few years I've only found them in a joined loop, which makes decorating our new tree we bought last year (7ft very thick) a pain. I can't post photos cos I'm a new user but if you go to argos and search catalogue no. 269/9172 you'll see them if you can't picture what I'm describing :)

P.S argos ones are not a string

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

IKEA have strings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Have you checked heatons and home store and more? Homestore and more definitly have a good range of different lights normally half price in December

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I got a string of multi coloured cherry lights (150 bulbs) from Amazon a couple of years ago and they're still going strong.

Also I'd second Homestore and More. Or if you're in Dublin there's a place in Dundrum/Milltown that sells fancy artificial trees and they also do lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

I have the lights on a loop. If you can't find them on a string, you can arrange them like in the last image. The two strands of the loop are drawn up the tree parallel.

Hand-drawn_helix_ribbons_at_various_angles.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭WhoWhatWhere

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Have you checked heatons and home store and more? Homestore and more definitly have a good range of different lights normally half price in December

Yeah, Heatons don't have any, I'll try home store :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

I found some lovely bell shaped ones on amazon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

If no joy getting the fairy lights on string, you could try get something like this http://www.christmastreeland.co.uk/products/80-Multicolour-Diamond-Shade-Lights.html if I remember correctly, the extra bit just comes off leaving you with the fairy light

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

OP has closed their account but rather than close the thread I'd hijack it. My Christmas net in the window broke when taking it down last year so if anyone could recommend me something new for the down stairs front window would be great.

I'm thinking of still going for a net. As it really lit up the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

LoughC go for the net it sounds fab
    I am going to hijack too please I am wondering how many lights would I need for a door wreath?

I bought 90 led outdoor ones for my Christmas hanging basket but I think 90 might be abit much for a wreath any reccomendations ?

Advertisement