Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you believe the anti Russian propoganda

Options
  • 15-10-2016 9:39pm
    Site Banned Posts: 25

There is a clear agenda here and if you can see past your own nose you can see it, the west don't like Russia that's clear it's a big power they would like not to be a big power, they want to make Russia look evil they are stepping it up in the media, really stepping it up if you want to go to war the first thing you need to do is justify it to the public first and I see this latest step up of propaganda as the beginning of that justification.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Thank you for that Vladbot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The question is worded in such a way that my answer has to be No. I believe Russia is a major threat and run by a maniac but I don't believe the anti Russian sentiments are propaganda. We are probably not hearing half the concerns that are out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Russia essentially "lost" the cold war and went into humiliating decline and the Soviet union crumbled and the US and the west prospered. This has always niggled at the Russian people and especially at men like Putin. They haven't been able to let go of this and smell blood in the water now with regard to the decline of the US as the only superpower.

• Site Banned Posts: 25 Paulb771

The question is worded in such a way that my answer has to be No. I believe Russia is a major threat and run by a maniac but I don't believe the anti Russian sentiments are propaganda. We are probably not hearing half the concerns that are out there.

What makes you think it's run by a maniac? Where is the basis for that

Fleawuss wrote: »
    Thank you for that Vladbot.

I don't care for Russia it just annoys me how people believe this propaganda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Russia is one of the biggest threats to world peace. They're just after annexing a part of Ukraine and are perfectly happy to launch missiles at commercial airliners and then pretend that they had nothing to do with it. The leaders of russia are everything that Trump wishes he was but is too stupid and cowardly to achieve.

Russia is formally a democracy, but their elections corrupt and their media and press are hugely restricted. (rated 21st from the bottom in the press freedom index) American democracy is a paradigm of virtue compared to what happens in Russian elections.

Should we believe everything everyone says about Russia, of course not, but to claim that Russia is just a victim of western propaganda and they're actually a progressive modern, egalitarian and compassionate society would be totally delusional

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

In the same week that the US were accusing Russia of war crimes they launched an attack on yet another third world country. I am guessing the Houties in Yemen are not ''moderate'' enough for them. In any case accusations of war crimes by the US should be accepted for what they are - an absolute joke. When did they start caring about poor brown people? I saw a piece on the BBC website during the week where they were basically making excuses for ''moderate rebels'' who cut off a young boys head. Not that long ago Channel 4 interviewed the very same people who cut off the young Palestinian boys head, they were of course presenting them as ''moderate rebels''. Nothing that comes out of the British and American political and media establishments can be believed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

Paulb771 wrote: »
    There is a clear agenda here and if you can see past your own nose you can see it, the west don't like Russia that's clear it's a big power they would like not to be a big power, they want to make Russia look evil they are stepping it up in the media, really stepping it up if you want to go to war the first thing you need to do is justify it to the public first and I see this latest step up of propaganda as the beginning of that justification.

I met Vlad at a party once... he brought a bunch of cheap SuperValu lager... put it in a fridge. He then started taking someone else's cans of Becks... when he left, he took his 6 cans of SuperValu lager... he's histories greatest monster!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MrDiyFan

The US has caused way more trouble worldwide than putin.
    Look at all the disasters in the middle east taking out stable dictatorships

What makes you think it's run by a maniac? Where is the basis for that

Oh open your eyes. Read what Putin has said publically over the past few years and look at his foreign policy, land grabbing, and support for dubious organisations.

But I suspect you are only here to bait. So,

Спокойной ночи и получить жизнь.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 AvBBrother

No, I do not believe the anti-Russian propaganda.

Akrasia wrote: »
    Russia is one of the biggest threats to world peace. They're just after annexing a part of Ukraine and are perfectly happy to launch missiles at commercial airliners and then pretend that they had nothing to do with it. The leaders of russia are everything that Trump wishes he was but is too stupid and cowardly to achieve.

Russia is formally a democracy, but their elections corrupt and their media and press are hugely restricted. (rated 21st from the bottom in the press freedom index) American democracy is a paradigm of virtue compared to what happens in Russian elections.

Should we believe everything everyone says about Russia, of course not, but to claim that Russia is just a victim of western propaganda and they're actually a progressive modern, egalitarian and compassionate society would be totally delusional

I find it extremely funny how British people label what's going on in Ukraine as wrong when the people of Crimea overwhelmingly wanted to join Russia, the exact same as what was done to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

I don't believe what any of them say tbh.

AvBBrother wrote: »

You and Paul are so alike. Russian Dolls?

Oh open your eyes. Read what Putin has said publically over the past few years and look at his foreign policy, land grabbing, and support for dubious organisations.

But I suspect you are only here to bait. So,

Спокойной ночи и получить жизнь.

Look at this logically, from your view point this all looks wrong, from the view point in the west this looks wrong but if you look at the things the US has done from a different perception it is far worse than what Russia has done it just depends on how it is portrayed

You and Paul are so alike. Russian Dolls?

Open your eyes and try and look at things from different perceptions and you will see your own viewpoint change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭zSparc

There is a clear agenda here
    ... to attack Ukraine and take over Crimea.

Peaceful, innocent Russia :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

You must think in Russian, Major. Now this is a machine.

zSparc wrote: »
    ... to attack Ukraine and take over Crimea.

Peaceful, innocent Russia :rolleyes:

The people of Crimea overwhelmingly wanted to join Russia, the same thing that has been used to justify the occupation of Ireland for the past nearly 100 years I'm not saying that invading Ukraine is right what I'm saying is it is extremely hypocritical for the British elite to be condemning Russia over this

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

Yes there is anti Russian propaganda, just as Russia pumps out anti Western propaganda. Same type of people in power on both sides.
    Honest people don't go into politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I don't believe anything in the news in regards Russia or even the U.S.

No one really knows whats going on behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I find it extremely funny how British people label what's going on in Ukraine as wrong when the people of Crimea overwhelmingly wanted to join Russia, the exact same as what was done to Ireland.

By your logic we should invade Derry.

They sent in KGB agitators and special forces into Ukraine. Thousands have died because of the dirty war they started.

And don't bring the US into this. es the US have committed despicable acts too but that doesn't excuse what Russia have done. At least in the US you can protest. Try that in Russia and you'd be locked up.

Skommando wrote: »
    Yes there is anti Russian propaganda, just as Russia pumps out anti Western propaganda. Same type of people in power on both sides.
    Honest people don't go into politics.

It's funny how the people of Russia see Americans and Brits as completely brainwashed and the people of America and Britain see the Russians as completely brainwashed

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The people of Crimea overwhelmingly wanted to join Russia, the same thing that has been used to justify the occupation of Ireland for the past nearly 100 years I'm not saying that invading Ukraine is right what I'm saying is it is extremely hypocritical for the British elite to be condemning Russia over this

The people of Ukraine want to be civilised people and join their counterparts in Europe, as do most Russians. They are currently labouring under the regime of a bare-chested ex-KGB galoot who would benefit greatly from a belt of a Barrett M82. The only reason the great Russian people put up with this is that, unfortunately for historical reasons, they're sort of used to it.

Grayson wrote: »
    By your logic we should invade Derry.

They sent in KGB agitators and special forces into Ukraine. Thousands have died because of the dirty war they started.

And don't bring the US into this. es the US have committed despicable acts too but that doesn't excuse what Russia have done. At least in the US you can protest. Try that in Russia and you'd be locked up.[/

What do you mean by my logic? I think you misread what I said because I have no idea what you mean by that and yes your right the US has done far worse it's just about how it's portrayed.

jimgoose wrote: »
    The people of Ukraine want to be civilised people and join their counterparts in Europe, as do most Russians. They are currently labouring under the regime of a bare-chested ex-KGB galoot who would benefit greatly from a belt of a Barrett M82. The only reason the great Russian people put up with this is that, unfortunately for historical reasons, they're sort of used to it.

Then why did the people of Crimea want to join Russia? See that's the propaganda I'm talking about you think all that stuff from your perception and how events are portrayed to you, being in the west you only ever get to hear one side of the argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

AvBBrother wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

It's funny how the people of Russia see Americans and Brits as completely brainwashed and the people of America and Britain see the Russians as completely brainwashed

And yet the Irish are just as brainwashed by their leaders.

jimgoose wrote: »

The government is democratically elected every year, the west like to give a perception that the people of Russia are living under a tyrannical government and hate the government that's part of the whole justifying war I was talking about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

What do you mean by my logic? I think you misread what I said because I have no idea what you mean by that and yes your right the US has done far worse it's just about how it's portrayed.

The people of Derry are nationalist. Therefore we should do what Putin did. Send little green men over the border and take over. We can have a referendum where we pick our own international observers as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement