Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Christmas Village

Options
  • 09-10-2016 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Posting this here instead of Lego forum as I am not a purist :) I just decided this year that I wanted to have a Lego Christmas village :) as a main decoration.

I planned on adding one piece each year.... But I may have more the one already. Thanks to a husband who was happy to have an easy birthday gift option and rewarding myself after finishing a PhD. There are original pieces but they are no longer in stock so cost hundreds which with one little girl, a mortgage etc etc I can't afford :) so I am making my own little village. Will prob start building in Nov.

Anyone else do this?

Here is what I have so far

Gingerbread-House

Winter-Holiday-Train

Changing-Seasons

Winter-Toy-Shop

Santa-Toy-Workshop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishgal2000

Great idea. Did you see the Lego advent calendar? Argos have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Needs lights too...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

polydactyl wrote: »
    Posting this here instead of Lego forum as I am not a purist :) I just decided this year that I wanted to have a Lego Christmas village :) as a main decoration.

I planned on adding one piece each year.... But I may have more the one already. Thanks to a husband who was happy to have an easy birthday gift option and rewarding myself after finishing a PhD. There are original pieces but they are no longer in stock so cost hundreds which with one little girl, a mortgage etc etc I can't afford :) so I am making my own little village. Will prob start building in Nov.

Anyone else do this?

Here is what I have so far

Gingerbread-House

Winter-Holiday-Train

Changing-Seasons

Winter-Toy-Shop

Santa-Toy-Workshop

I have the Santa train and the Christmas village , I really want some of the cute reindeer from Santa's workshop but I think that is enough for this year !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

wow great idea. would love to do this for the nephews.. Must cost a pretty penny alright though.. I was sick looking at the price of hte lego sets in the Smyths cat this year.. How do parents afford it

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Oh lights that's a good idea....if not too expensive must do some research. I have the city advent calendar Irishgal2000, got it for 17 euro in smyths so will add those pieces as I go along too!!

I can only justify the price as I had money saved for an extra years tuition which I don't need anymore :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

well done to you then a nice treat for yourself... You will have to send pics when you have them all up.. Are you buying these from Amazon or which sites do you use

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Hi Milly,

Some I got off amazon, some were cheaper due to bonus items off the Lego store. I will be buying the last piece from the Lego store next week as you get another free Holiday Calendar with it so I can add those too.

Advertisement