Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non-bitter low-alcohol Dublin beer

• 10-10-2016 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

As per title, I am searching for a not excessively bitter beer with a medium alcoholic content. My favourite beer so far is "Desperados", but it has 5.6% of alcohol and it costs a kidney.
    Are the any alternatives or similar beers?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Desperados is nearly more an alcopop than a beer, its probably somewhere inbetween the two - its an artificially sweetened beer.

You could try some of the following:

Galway Bay brew a beer called Via Maris, 3.5 %.
    Brewdog Dead Pony pale ale, 3.8 %.
    M & S do a beer called Southwold, 2.7 % and not too bad (considering the low abv)
    Brewdog also brew a beer called Nanny State, 0.5% but I find it way to watery.

Theres a good few session IPAs knocking around, but many are fairly hoppy and not sure what your preference is regarding hoppy beers. Some bitter, some not so bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 not_a_sheep

slayerking wrote: »
    Desperados is nearly more an alcopop than a beer, its probably somewhere inbetween the two - its an artificially sweetened beer.

You could try some of the following:

Galway Bay brew a beer called Via Maris, 3.5 %.
    Brewdog Dead Pony pale ale, 3.8 %.
    M & S do a beer called Southwold, 2.7 % and not too bad (considering the low abv)
    Brewdog also brew a beer called Nanny State, 0.5% but I find it way to watery.

Theres a good few session IPAs knocking around, but many are fairly hoppy and not sure what your preference is regarding hoppy beers. Some bitter, some not so bitter.
    Thanks a lot - I'll buy one of each to test them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Galway bays heathen a black Berlin Weiss

And White hags little faun are two others to look out for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Was Heathen ever in bottles though? It's a seasonal in the bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭poitinstill

try a shandy id say

• Advertisement
Advertisement