Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impressing the opposite sex - insider tips.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

OP did you remember to condition your pubes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

And did you wear pointy shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Maybe the episode of Narcos you watched was way ahead of where she is but she was too polite to say and now she's raging because you've screwed up her enjoyment of it.

OP did you remember to condition your pubes?

Tried that once and it resulted in what I can only describe as a deflated afro effect. Never again. Hair and body shower gel all the way now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

BetsyEllen wrote:
    And did you wear pointy shoes?

They're actually worse than the conditioner..ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

Tried that once and it resulted in what I can only describe as a deflated afro effect. Never again. Hair and body shower gel all the way now.

You should shave them anyway. Pubes are minging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 JimmysCar

BetsyEllen wrote: »
    You should shave them anyway. Pubes are minging.

Or use conditioner on then and a rub of the comb

JimmysCar wrote:
    Or use conditioner on then and a rub of the comb

And a nice side parting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,710 ✭✭✭✭josip

I've been trying this online dating malarkey recently. This evening involved inviting a lady I've met for four dates over for dinner. I really couldn't fault the meal myself. Top class. Fish starter, classic French meat course for mains, a light dessert to finish. The music was the type of soulful indie that we both like. I'd bulked up the book shelf with some fairly obscure works of literature to show that I read important books.

We ended up watching an episode of Narcos. I made a passing remark that my belly was in danger of looking like Pablo's. Her Halo arrived and we said goodnight.

I'm now considering committing a grievous act of self-love upon myself. What went wrong though? A real shcmuck here.

Where the fcuk was the alcohol !?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Right, so I wake up to a text from this guy this morning. He's sweet, asking how my Halo was, and I text back saying 'I left it at home today' and a wink emoji (;)) to suggest I'm feeling a bit bold like. He has Dostoyevsky's entire bibliography in his living room so he's obviously smart enough to understand my text. We trade sexual texts back and forth, but then he invites me over for the Friday the 13th marathon tonight. Sorry but wtf like. "Soooo many murders," he writes on the text, thinking that it gets me wetter than a bag of old ice. He's gen-u-inely going to open his front door with a hockey mask and a kitchen knife in his hand, thinking he's deadly like.

lmao what would expec from some nerd with an entire book collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

BabyE wrote: »
    lmao what would expec from some nerd with an entire book collection.

Yeah, those nerds and their reading. Honestly, next people will be expected to know how to write too. And some of them even -enjoy- it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

Shaved pubes on a bloke???
    Jaysus no....always makes it look like the last chicken left in Tesco's

Shaved pubes on a bloke???
    Jaysus no....always makes it look like the last chicken left in Tesco's

Ha that made me laugh!

I just have a thing about pubes. They make me feel ill - I'm not sure why.

My last boyfriend shaved and I can't imagine ever going near a man with pubes again. Yuck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

BetsyEllen wrote:
    My last boyfriend shaved and I can't imagine ever going near a man with pubes again. Yuck.

Your pool of potential partners has shrunk considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Did you put it in cider?

MeatTwoVeg wrote: »

I know :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Cocktail before the meal
    Wine with it , something red and big and bold .

After the meal , to the couch but no TV , music and no soulful indie music either
    You need to be clear and nothing is clearer about your intentions than this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=746uWZseUTk

A matched playlist to follow

I can personally vouch for all of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glhdcJ7K3XM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEjBVzSJWy0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxVNOnPyvIU

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

BetsyEllen wrote: »
    I know :(

Bring a razor with you on a night out and you get that pool back up to 100% in a jiffy !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Play some Nick Drake, Vangelis or Stina Nordenstam, Dido or Air's Moon Safari.

Women love that music. I think. But then I'm gay so what would I know?:pac:

I've played that music and had lady friends try to come on to me even though they were aware I played for the other team...:o I have to add that copious amounts of wine were involved.

Wine trumps music everytime.

As for OP
    WTF were you doing ???

You put all that work in cooking a three course meal trying to impress her and then you blow it by ending up listening to Radio fooking head.
    Soulful indie me ar** more like slit your wrists.
    Then you decide to follow up with an audition for Googlebox by watching Narcos.
    I will admit I didn't twig first what you watched, but when I checked it made it even worse.
    Holy Christ why didn't you really go all out and put on one of the Criminal Minds episodes with serial rapists to get her in the mood.

Next time you invite someone over try out some romantic music and I don't mean fecking romantic classical composers, but someone like good old Barry White.
    And if both of you aren't cross eyed try the old eye contact bit and then lob the gob.

EDIT: feck it Bandana boy beat me to it.
    And if OP does the same shyte again beatin it is all he will be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

BetsyEllen; What ye doing tonight? I have my Wahl clippers to hand. And I can show ye my collection of books about the Waffen SS and Einsatzgruppen ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Stigura wrote: »
    BetsyEllen; What ye doing tonight? I have my Wahl clippers to hand. And I can show ye my collection of books about the Waffen SS and Einsatzgruppen ;)

she doesn't want you to shave your hands

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

You were yourself OP. Not sure what else a person would want, i.e. you weren't some madeup character. Strange that you have to tick a very particular set of boxes nowadays.

"You did A, B and C but then finished off with X and Y?! Ya big gobsheen!!!"

What happens on the next couple of dates when you only tick 3/5 or 4/5? The stress and the hassle of that! Especially when you are only doing it to try and impress!

What happens if you become a couple? Do you have to maintain that level of entertainment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

am i the only one that thinks doing back to someones house to watch tv on a first date is a bit odd?

maybe she expected sex and you wernt offering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Bring a razor with you on a night out and you get that pool back up to 100% in a jiffy !

Who's going to leave a drunk person at their balls with a razor :eek:

Who's going to leave a drunk person at their balls with a razor

Another drunken person?ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

MeatTwoVeg wrote: »
    That username...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭For ever odd

A spag bol and a good seeing too, is what was served in my gaff. Was quite happy if the same was served on a dinner date in their place.

Keep it simple and let nature do the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

JimmysCar wrote: »
    Lad, ye did everything wrong. Come out with Jimmy on a night out and I'll show ye how to pull a lovely philly. Gerrrup!

Yes, blind leading the blind.....http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101273139

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My beer bong skills always did the trick for me

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Honestly in ireland being short ia basivally a death sentence for a guy especially in a country where rugby build is fawned over.

Advertisement