Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coworking in Limerick

• 17-07-2016 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Not sure where the correct spot is to post this...hopefully I guessed right.

I'm starting a remote job in August, and looking to recreate the positive aspects of the office environment (informative water cooler chat, knowledge sharing, possible after-work banter). There are one existing option, but it's not currently possible to get permanent seating (for monitors) nor is it cheap for hot desk seating.

I imagine setting up a coworking space would not be difficult, and the space is certainly available in the city. Is anyone aware of similar initiatives in the city? If not, any suggestions for forums I could use to gauge interest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I think the bank pub has been converted into this type of a set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bomber6

Aye, that's the place I'm referring to. Unfortunately it's hotdesk only for now, which is less than ideal for software devs :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I believe innovation works in Castletroy has a mixture of hot desks, workstations and small offices that they rent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭pigtown

http://innovatelimerick.ie/locations/office-space/ These guys are your best bet. There are places around the county too, in Newcastlewest, Rathkeale, and Croom amogst others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lanoc

Hi, I am in the same position as you, looking for co-working space. Did you get sorted with anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Im in the same boat, does anyone know the details for The Bank? Whats it called now?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,100 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A quick search of google returns this:

http://www.thebankbuilding.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rutt00

This is a new place, I was checking out. Very close to city center, you can rent a place on monthly basis, it is handy because you can leave your stuff behind.

I cant post a link because I new user, but it is call O L D S C H O O L Bishop Street on FB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

rutt00 wrote: »
    This is a new place, I was checking out. Very close to city center, you can rent a place on monthly basis, it is handy because you can leave your stuff behind.

I cant post a link because I new user, but it is call O L D S C H O O L Bishop Street on FB

Looks very good!

Here's the link to their website - http://www.oldschool.ie/

Advertisement