Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MOT/NCT Checker

Options
  • 02-10-2016 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I was speaking to a lad in England who tells me you can go to the official MOT site and find out what a car failed its test on.
    Incredible tool for buyers.
    Is the same available here for NCT??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

Thats correct. I've used the UK mot checker site a few times prior to viewing / buying classics in the UK.

The same service should be available here too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

That's a great service. Best you can hope for here is an old failsheet, but given the usual lack of any paperwork it's a rarity.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Or a number of fail sheets, which gives a good indication of the ongoing problems,

Especially corrosion related fails.Which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I have it as an app on the phone. Great for checking out the overpriced DoneDeal English reg'd crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 oldskooler

very useful indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

It also gives you the recorded mileage at each MOT. Makes it more difficult to clock

Advertisement