Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFC Final Replay - Dublin v Mayo Sat 1st October *Read Mod Note Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very harsh to blame this on Cillian O'Connor. The free was 50+ yards on the angle.

The management decision to drop Clarke cost them the game. Hennelly was responsible for at least 1-4 of Dublin's scores and Keegan getting black card.

All true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Very harsh to blame this on Cillian O'Connor. The free was 50+ yards on the angle.

The management decision to drop Clarke cost them the game. Hennelly was responsible for at least 1-4 of Dublin's scores and Keegan getting black card.

It was a bad miss though.

He should be scoring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

PressRun wrote: »
    Robbie hennelly cost us.

About 1-5 id say the change of keeper cost Mayo today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Mayo will look back at this year as one that got away.

Congrats to Dublin though. If/buts and maybes aside the score board shows they won so they deserve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Fair play Mayo. Scared the crap out of me when Keegan got that goal, but the better team won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Lackey wrote:
    I have to feel sorry sorry for mayo 1 point in it

Goalkeeper cost 1-4 at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Best team won against 16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Well done Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Even as a Dub I feel for Mayo, they deserve an AI. Double for Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Enthralling game.

Dublin probably deserved it as they should have finished the game off much earlier

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

What the **** are you on about.

Actually now that I think of it I believe Croke Park was built with slave labour and resulted in numerous deaths (oh wait that's another sport).

Explain the 6, now wait, the 7:30 minutes added time please. And when you're done, please explain the 7, oh not wait the 9 minutes added time last week. Cheers.

Corrupt referee and a team of professional cheats, hard luck Mayo beat by a Dublin referee.

No just no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Dublin rule ireland forever and always !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Robbie hennelly cost us.

I'd say Hennelly feels bad enough without some f**king keyboard warriors rubbing it in.

Lay off him. He'll get a lot of stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Robbie hennelly cost us.

Whoever made the call did. I am actually sick. 8 points he cost them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,304 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Who, Dublin?

Not sure what point you're making..

When it counts.. They can't make the next step. Dublin were there for the taking in both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Best team won, Connolly was terrible again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

My. ****ing. Heart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Best team won against 16

To be fair, if Dublin were trailing by 1-2 points at the end it would have been the exact same shower of sh*te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    No just no

Shoulda been two red cards for Dublin. Don't even start with saying the referee wasn't favouring them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Good game in terms of excitement but the football and tackling is utter ****e. Too much scumbags playing like soccer players.

Quality was high both teams averaged around 60% for scores to shots which is a pretty high standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Corrupt referee and a team of professional cheats, hard luck Mayo beat by a pro Dublin referee.

It was the Mayo keeper that cost them ultimately. The ref didn't get everything right but he wasn't the difference between the teams in the end and gave plenty of time after the 6 minutes for one last chance. If he was pro Dublin he'd have blown up right at the 6 minutes when they had the possession.

Maurice Fitz would have put it over the middle of the crossbar and not even thought about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jesus Christ!

Dublin made bloody hard work of that.

Fair ****s to mayo way they held off Dublin these two games.

Gave them no space at all.

Jesus Dublin have been so negative with there time on the ball though horrible to watch it worked up until these two games.

End day if they hadn't of held on to that ball so bloody long could of won this by 2 or 3 or maybe more but **** it fair play to Mayo cause lot better than I taught they be but if you win two games like that you deserve it!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Corrupt referee and a team of professional cheats, hard luck Mayo beat by a pro Dublin referee.

Oh come on. You surely can't believe that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Congrats dubs. nothing much else to say. Mayo need one forward like brogan, thats the difference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

Dublin shows how useless they are when they resort to these tactics, there will be no three in a row and that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Quality was high both teams averaged around 60% for scores to shots which is a pretty high standard.

Watch this match versus a match from 20 years ago. Come back to me after that.

Mahony0509 wrote:
    Shoulda been two red cards for Dublin. Don't even start with saying the referee wasn't favouring them.

Honestly no matter what you say about the ref he didn't cost them the game
    Mayo need to look closer to home for that reason

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Congrats to the Dubs and all Dub supporters on here, enjoy.

Two great battles, no quarter given. The way it should be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement