Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dollasign

Psni26 wrote: »
    That would be a win win as I'm due to work Xmas and Boxing Day this year lol

Ohh boy thats grim hope you get it in in December then!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Lol me too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

FOI confirms C2 will merge with C3, enjoy your weekend! haha

Say what??! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

swl33t wrote: »
    FOI confirms C2 will merge with C3, enjoy your weekend! haha

Where is that? Must've missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

I guess it really depends now on when appointments commence with regards to the expiry of fitness etc

swl33t wrote: »

Good spot! Still said 'Status Delayed' so I didn't look at that one recently.

Great to see they have a plan of some sort and not leave folk in limbo. Shame it took an FOI to get it.

Thing is if they are going to merge C2 and C3 together they will have to do something with regards to expiration of stages because I'd say all of C2 would have reached expiry so why confirm that without taking that issue into consideration! It's all a guessing game..as per!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Nerves2016

Thanks Swl33t
    Could just start a fresh from January 2017.....
    "The PSNI still expects to make the original number of appointments from C3, with appointments commencing towards the end of this calendar year or early next yet to be confirmed."

• Advertisement

Posted this on 1509 thread thought it may be of interest :)

Great FOI just answered. Goes to show the importance of these.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/recruitment_campaign_1405

35 people left in 1405 with the plan to exhaust this.
    They took a staggering 431 from the 1405 campaign.
    149 from 1509 currently waiting for the call.
    Next intake will include 1509 folk so assuming remaining from 1405 plus some from 1509.

Thanks Homer01!!

Get practising bulling those boots!

Thanks to the person who put that FOI in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Legally clueless

Thanks Homer01!!
    Thanks homer we love accurate info

Way more useful that 'realist opinion' ;)

Fair play to the FOI requester: it's all in the questioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭C3POPO

Homer01 wrote: »
    Way more useful that 'realist opinion' ;)

Fair play to the FOI requester: it's all in the questioning.
    Yep, fair play to the "Mr Jones" that submitted the request. Could have been Mr J Bloggs or Ms J Doe ;-)

To whoever Mr Jones is, a massive thank you....A great freedom of information request..Puts me in real positive mood and back thinking to when does the calls may go out :)
    Its been a long road!!!
    Thanks

I second that nerves2016! :)

Don't know about anybody else, but the wait for the last 2 weeks has been dreadful!!!
    Think its the end of the month syndrome :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭WannabePC123

Stay strong nerves! The end is near haha

• Registered Users Posts: 45 coolhand50

Yes I have been watching my emails for boards.ie emails religiously. I expect an email more than a missed call because they couldn't possibly offer me a position. Surely not... who in their right mind would after I've waited 2 and a half years! Hahaha. When you say 2 and a half years you realise how insane it really is! Is anyone really confident of getting a call as the last batch? I mean the info suggests we should be but I certainly am not confident on it.

Yea when you say 2 half years you really wonder if they told you that on the beginning would you still have went for it! lol I'm still confident it will happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 coolhand50

For a "December start" you'd think the calls will come VERY soon. But I find that everytime I get excited I get brought crashing down to earth.

The 2 1/2 years has defo been a long road but confident about the remaining 1405's from the freedom of information requests read....obviously if not December, it will be fresh start January 2017
    I'm still fairly young but between failing on another campaign and then postponing it myself through uni, i'm nearly 8 years probably trying to get in :) We all must be a bit mad!!!!
    I think the kinda knowing your so close, causes future plans to be put on hold and as a result, raises anxiety in the process....
    Boarders like yourselves great help - not so fond of negative comments or the reliable source who gets it oh so wrong :)

If I was a betting person I'd say it would be a January start.. but that's a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dollasign

If I was a betting person I'd say it would be a January start.. but that's a guess.

I second this

No calls today so it's reasonable to assume 2017

No calls today so it's reasonable to assume 2017

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Chez39

Anyone have a rough idea as to how many have passed all 5 stages and are waiting to be processed from 1409?

Advertisement