Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ace Attorney 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I liked
    Ahlbi in general and also his animations with Shah'do, seeing multiple viewpoints of Phoenix and court room, the throwbacks to the original games, the Grease and Monty Python references, the judge sort of being on your side, the scene of Phoenix actually inserting the mitamah into the box as opposed to just getting photos of it, and the foreshadowing for the rest of the game at the end.

I didn't like
    the jarring transitions between the music in Andistan'dhin's statements (the similar testimony in 5-DLC was way smoother imo), the gallery interfering constantly, and Rayfa's awkward dance - it looked like a Hatsune Miku MMD video to me :pac:
    I agree with you on both, just go finished the first case today.
    especially Rayfa, I would have preferred her to be more traditional looking, I felt Maya's short kimono was like influence by Mia but no idea why Rayfa would be modern. I'd chanting/praying with a dance if any of that makes sense? I feel like someone just brings out a boom box behind her and she skips around xD

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

I agree with you on both, just go finished the first case today.
    especially Rayfa, I would have preferred her to be more traditional looking, I felt Maya's short kimono was like influence by Mia but no idea why Rayfa would be modern. I'd chanting/praying with a dance if any of that makes sense? I feel like someone just brings out a boom box behind her and she skips around xD

I know what you mean! Honestly from a design perspective I understand why she's dressed like that, she's a teenage girl in a Japanese game so of course she's wearing a miniskirt... But she lives in the Himalayas! She'd be freezing! Longer draping clothing would make more sense given that she's a priestess in a cold, mountainous country and would also be more visually impressive when's she's dancing, but I suppose it would be difficult to model.

Speaking of the dance...
    I figured out why it looks so uncanny to me. Rayfa stays still until the last part of the dance and her expression doesn't change. At all. She doesn't look human. There's also a bit near the start where she drops down and then hops, and it ruins my immersion because it looks like something a drunk girl would do when Low comes on in a nightclub :pac:

Also what on earth is going on with her shoes? Rayfa, are you wearing boots or sandals? Make up your mind.

That being said I like the rest of her design, especially the
    back tattoo being revealed by the dress for the dance
    and the scarf from wrist to wrist - like a Khura'inese butterfly. I also like how her cape is fluted to resemble a lotus.

Man, I could talk about Ace Attorney character design for ages. I would pay money for a Phoenix costume that's just his normal outfit without the suit jacket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

The first of the DLC is out today. Asininine attorney & the 3ds SOJ home theme.

Man, I could talk about Ace Attorney character design for ages. I would pay money for a Phoenix costume that's just his normal outfit without the suit jacket.

I brought a proper suit for a wedding during the summer, which is pretty much a phoenix wright cosplay :o ive been tempeted to buy one of the lawyer badges and wear it to the next one to see would anybody notice the reference.

Finished case 3 tohight, that was as epic as a final one from previous games . hopin the rest continues the trend.

Finished case 3 tohight, that was as epic as a final one from previous games . hopin the rest continues the trend.

I finished 4 earlier today, it's good filler but it's filler all the same. There's some really imaginative spriting and a great dynamic between Athena and her assistant but it doesn't even compare to 3. Props to the localization team though, it must have been an absolute nightmare to translate!

• Advertisement

The first of the DLC is out today. Asininine attorney & the 3ds SOJ home theme.

I brought a proper suit for a wedding during the summer, which is pretty much a phoenix wright cosplay :o ive been tempeted to buy one of the lawyer badges and wear it to the next one to see would anybody notice the reference.
    If you ever go to a con tell me, I'd love to dress as Maya or Maid Maya if I got stuck

If you ever go to a con tell me, I'd love to dress as Maya or Maid Maya if I got stuck

Sure thing maya :)

I finished 4 earlier today, it's good filler but it's filler all the same. There's some really imaginative spriting and a great dynamic between Athena and her assistant but it doesn't even compare to 3. Props to the localization team though, it must have been an absolute nightmare to translate!

I was delighted to see the assistant, i havent got that far in the case yet but i hope they will be a duo in the future aswell as other games

I was delighted to see the assistant, i havent got that far in the case yet but i hope they will be a duo in the future aswell as other games

I didn't like that character at all in previous games and I couldn't understand why people liked their relationship with Athena but after this case I've warmed up a lot to them. No spoilers for the rest of 6-4 but
    I think it helps that he's not half as grim and edgy now that he's not on death row. The whole antiquated samurai shtick is a lot funnier in small doses and the psychological manipulation technique is much cooler when it's not being used against you :pac: As an assistant Blackquill also really genuinely tries to help Athena out, much like Mia and Phoenix back in 1-1, and keeps faith in her the entire time. It's very sweet and it's a lot easier for me to see now why he took the so-called fall for her in Metis' murder.

In other news, DGS got a sequel trailer at the tokyo game show, wish they would send the first one over here :(

• Advertisement

I didn't like that character at all in previous games and I couldn't understand why people liked their relationship with Athena but after this case I've warmed up a lot to them. No spoilers for the rest of 6-4 but

Finished case 4, not as strong as the rest but it was okish, i did like the interactactions between assistant, athena and the prosocution, some hiillarious reactions from the assistant made it worthwhile for me tho. it felt like more a filler/comic relief trial. lookin forward to the fifth :D

"The Ace Attorney series will be celebrating its 15th anniversary this year and, to celebrate the occasion, Capcom shared a special anniversary video to look back at all the games that make up the series."
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/18/ace-attorney-15th-anniversary-video-reflects-back-series-games/

Ema Skye is back on the snackoos! :pac: had me laughing

Finished chapter 2, will go into more detail maybe tomorrow
    Learn how the SoJ team animated fluid cloaks, scarves, and hair - all by hand! - in the latest development and localization blog: http://bit.ly/SoJDevBlog7

Almost a game, phoenix wright underground attorney. sounded like a cool concept.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/23/phoenix-almost-mafia-underworld-lawyer-ace-attorney-spirit-justice/

I saw this and went "yeah I can imagine this in Khura'in"

It's a bad court thingy

So chapter 2
    I liked it, found the bit comparing the shadows awkward because I'd not picked the right one, it was weird, had to look it up.
    The murderer looked like Robert Downey Jr and it made me want to think him.
    Mad to do find out the connection with Apollo and Sahdmadhi.
    The temple name is really pissing me off but I'm so happy to see Maya!

So chapter 2
    I liked it, found the bit comparing the shadows awkward because I'd not picked the right one, it was weird, had to look it up.
    The murderer looked like Robert Downey Jr and it made me want to think him.
    Mad to do find out the connection with Apollo and Sahdmadhi.
    The temple name is really pissing me off but I'm so happy to see Maya!

I know! I mean i know they are going for puns but the temple name like, cmon they could do better than that.

I know! I mean i know they are going for puns but the temple name like, cmon they could do better than that.
    Sahk'red Temple? Puh'rayir Temple maybe? That's kinda the way they're going.
    Why pun it though, just call it the Temple of the Holy Mother or Khura'in temple, it's usually people's names are where the puns are.

Sahk'red Temple? Puh'rayir Temple maybe? That's kinda the way they're going.
    Why pun it though, just call it the Temple of the Holy Mother or Khura'in temple, it's usually people's names are where the puns are.

:D i think i like yours much better.

• Advertisement

:D i think i like yours much better.
    I should have been on the translation team :pac:. Those puns are patent pending, pay me first Ninty!

There's no general AA discussion that I know of so leaving this here.

During Tokyo Game Show 2016, which took place over a week ago, The Great Ace Attorney 2 was announced by Capcom along with a debut trailer, which now has English subtitles.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/26/watch-great-ace-attorney-2s-debut-trailer-english-subtitles/

During Tokyo Game Show 2016, which took place over a week ago, The Great Ace Attorney 2 was announced by Capcom along with a debut trailer, which now has English subtitles.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/26/watch-great-ace-attorney-2s-debut-trailer-english-subtitles/

I would be much more excited about this if there was any chance of it coming to the West.

I would be much more excited about this if there was any chance of it coming to the West.
    Same. I'm really in like with the female character design, I love kimono with a hakama.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Didn't even know there was a 6th and then I stumble on this thread! AND THEN I FIND OUT THERE WAS MILES EDGEWORTH INVESTIGATIONS 2?!

So much stuff to play!!!!

RedXIV wrote: »
    Didn't even know there was a 6th and then I stumble on this thread! AND THEN I FIND OUT THERE WAS MILES EDGEWORTH INVESTIGATIONS 2?!

So much stuff to play!!!!
    That's brilliant though too, all the excitement. I found out a game I wanted actually is coming :) to the west, I was delighted.
    I haven't played investigations yet myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I haven't played investigations yet myself

I played it for the first time last year after playing through the original trilogy for for the third time,
    it's great!!

Unfortunately Investigations 2 came out too late in the DS's life cycle to be localised and released in the west, but there's a great fan translation available if you're so inclined!

post AA related stuff to keep the thread going fuzzy! its kind of bittersweet that great ace attorney got a second game although i think they mentioned making a trilogy a while back, not sure tho. There is a fan translation happening for the first one and they have almost completed case one. but i dont think it will be playable on the 3ds.

• Advertisement

just watched the last episode of the justice for all arc in the anime, and they teased that the anime series isnt over yet!! if they do trials and tribulations for series 2 i will be beyond words of excitement!!

Advertisement