Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Transporter (T25) Front Ball Joints - Quality?

Options
  • 26-09-2016 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I have a 1980 air cooled T25 Camper. As it is 1980 it needs a CVRT. I've just had it tested and it failed on the lower ball joints in the front wishbones. The big load carrying ones. It failed 4 years ago on the same thing at one of its first tests - I replaced them. 2 years later they failed again with about 4,000 miles on them - I replaced them. Now 2 years later again they are gone with again about 5,000 miles only. They are a pain to replace as they need to be pressed in.
    Does anybody have any other experience with these joints? I did read last time that maybe they were being all made in China and were of bad quality. Has anybody a clue as to who might sell 'good quality' ones? Or can they be damaged in any way during fitting that I need to look out for?

Cheers

Comments

Advertisement