Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Classic car repairs

Options
  • 21-09-2016 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

Total nightmare, I own a 1970 Kharmann Ghia which 'was' in mint condition. I've had it garaged in the UK for the last year until I could build a garage here and finally had it shipped last week. Shippers have dinged it badly by the looks of it and are recommending their approved repairers.

There's not a cats chance in hell that I'm using them & was hoping someone here could recommend someone.

I'm in Cork, but I don't care where it is providing they can do a good job - it's repairable, but I want someone that knows what they are doing.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Jon White Vw spares.ie. Castledermot.

But I hear on the grapevine he,s booked for 8+ months.

But worth a call, he,s a proper gent, and knows his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

kadman wrote: »
    Jon White Vw spares.ie. Castledermot.

But I hear on the grapevine he,s booked for 8+ months.

But worth a call, he,s a proper gent, and knows his stuff.

Thanks - called him and he's maxxed out but trying to find me another repairer, so fair dues to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

As far as I know there are no people in Cork that repair old cars.

I have my scimitar outside my house on axle stands waiting for a miracle to happen. Or winning big in lottery so I can take it abroad.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Diabhalta wrote: »
    As far as I know there are no people in Cork that repair old cars.

I have my scimitar outside my house on axle stands waiting for a miracle to happen. Or winning big in lottery so I can take it abroad.

Did you not get that sorted since:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

No, because I live in Cork. And that's a problem. I wish I could just open the yellow pages but unfortunately it doesn't work this way I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement