Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CK Crash Course, Please ...?

Options
  • 22-09-2016 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Been back a year or more. Not a lot mentioned. So, rather than be accused of Zombie jobs;

I'm looking at Cornie Kegs. (Can't believe I'm doing this. Long history. I'm not a nube) Just like to be brought up to pace, please?

Want two. What's the craic on Connectors ~ is that what they're called? The things with the dials. €30.00 to €130.00, it looks like.

And taps? I see the " Party Tap " things. Two bits of plastic and a tube? Tenner. I've also seen plastic snap and four gallons piss out! :eek: I prefer to buy Quality. Once. Steel appeals.

Initial outlays, for the best, doesn't bother me. Living on my nerves does.

Friendly and focused input most appreciated.

Thankyou :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

National Homebrew Club have a handy guide done up. :)

http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/wordpress/guide-to-corny-kegging/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

:) Excellent! Thanks, IrishGoat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

If in Dublin Mottley brew sells keg, regulator and co2.

All you need is gas line and a tap.

RasTa; I'm never likely to end up in Dublin. I take it they can't send it then?

My first port of call was going to be my local, to be honest. Though, whether they can access a 'spare' tank seems dubious, at best.

Then again? These things are so widely used, there must be a not too difficult way. I haven't had time to read Goats Guide yet. Perhaps it'll shed some light?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Think there is some place in Galway, Bray too. You might also be able to rent one but not sure how much that works out.

• Advertisement

Cheers, man. I'll look into it, next week. Won't be in a position to start lashing the cash till then. It's got to be done though. I've ~ brutally expensively, as it happens! ~ somewhat painted myself into a corner. Now, I'm having to put up with some quite 'tangy' beer. Not a happy bunny then.

Not willing to go backwards. Just have to bite the bullet and go all out shiny. Keg's 'n all.

Advertisement