Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacGyver (2016)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

did he ever change into anything other than a panther or a eagle?

The eagle change always bothered me.

Theyd show his hand turning into a talon. And Id always wonder - what the hell is turning into his wings then????

His foot should have been the talon!!! His FOOT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,240 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The eagle change always bothered me.

Theyd show his hand turning into a talon. And Id always wonder - what the hell is turning into his wings then????

His foot should have been the talon!!! His FOOT!!

thankfully this was before the age of the internet or i fear some internet pedants would have exploded after watching manimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks a bit more polished than the last trailer, but I'm still not sure about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,392 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

MacGyver has stopped working alone and now has his own Team Scorpion.

No I don't think I will be giving it a go.

• Advertisement

Was that Vinnie Jones?

At 0:33.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Was that Vinnie Jones?

At 0:33.

I thought it was him anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That looks awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Looks poor.. as said above it's Scorpion with a "cooler" lead and less nerdy sidekicks - though they went for the predictable "techy" girl and cool black guy stereotype. "The Boss" is no Robert Patrick either!

This would probably work better as its own series rather than a reboot - albeit yet another bland, sterile and forgettable one. Reusing the MacGyver brand is likely to do it more harm than good IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Still loks ****. Cancelled in its first season i'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,240 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I have no idea what that is supposed to be but it is certainly not McGyver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

It looks terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Lost me with the bullet-proof silver tray. My god a steaming pile of dung.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I thought it was him anyway.

Looks like him but there's no mention of it on his IMDB page

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005068/

In fact it's Roy Coulter

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5485943/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t10

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

My god it looks so generic it's painful. TV by the numbers with some nostalgia-baiting to get more passing traffic interested; it couldn't be more cynical. Unless the trailer is completely misrepresenting the final product I hope it bombs spectacularly, because the sooner Networks realise they can't just shovel out the same templates & tropes all the time, the better for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It looks so.......cheap!

Even The Simpsons could make a better MacGyver than this.

"Thank you MacGyver, for saving our village!"

"Oh don't thank me, thank the Moon's gravitational pull!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Right so, going to give this a shot this year

Thoughts on the new series

starts on cbs friday September 23, 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Mr E wrote: »
    Threads merged.
    Cheers Mr.E

I did do a search:o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

it looks like a TV version of mission impossible

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's almost as bad as the second series of Heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Looks passably entertaining. I notice Lucas Till has gotten a hair cut since the first look trailer . I wonder was the pilot reshot entirely on how bad it tracked with fans . It was God awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

silverharp wrote: »
    it looks like a TV version of mission impossible

There WAS a TV version of Mission Impossible in the 60s and then revamped in the late 80s - that's where the movies came from :)

I always preferred the 80s version myself...

Ah Jane Badler was definitely the hottest woman on TV in those days (also played Diana in V)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    There WAS a TV version of Mission Impossible in the 60s and then revamped in the late 80s - that's where the movies came from :)

I always preferred the 80s version myself...

Ah Jane Badler was definitely the hottest woman on TV in those days (also played Diana in V)

I remember the original MI now you mention it, that 1989 one doesn't ring bell at all. I can only picture Jane Badler eating a mouse or hamster whole in V :D . Would have been more of an Erin Grey as Wilma in Buck Rogers fan myself

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Dear MacGyver , please find enclosed a paper clip , Rubber-band , Swiss army Knife ,a tooth pick and sellotape

Please stop this from airing while there is still time .

What is wrong with the studios that go ahead with these things. All the shows like this have now teams behind people , it actually might have been Ok if it was one Man alone . this just looks awful . Jack Dalton is an agent ..........WHAT , all he ever did was cause trouble that's what was fun about him .

Also wasn't the phoenix foundation and independent Origination not a government agency ........

I'm taking all this very seriously aren't I (god damn child hood been destroyed)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,595 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

This looks like an abomination.

It looks like Mac Gyver crossed with CSI and Hawaii 50 .

It is wrong on so many levels.
    A female hacker ,a female boss ,Jack Dalton being a muscle man ,a black best friend ,no original theme tune and most importantly no mullet.
    Absolute trash,it wont last 6 episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

This looks like an abomination.

It looks like Mac Gyver crossed with CSI and Hawaii 50 .

It is wrong on so many levels.
    A female hacker ,a female boss ,Jack Dalton being a muscle man ,a black best friend ,no original theme tune and most importantly no mullet.
    Absolute trash,it wont last 6 episodes.

Pffft, I'll be all over this for 219 EPs at least I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 60,392 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reshot pilot and I see now it was given a Friday night death spot CBS really aren't holding out any hope for it.

It will probably aire for a few weeks before being dropped and burned off online service.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,595 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Just when you think reboots of 80's tv shows cant get any worse ,this manure appears.
    Eva Longoria's production company is spearheading a new ABC pilot that will be based around Thomas Magnum's (Tom Selleck) daughter Lily 'Tommy' Magnum - who takes over her dad's Hawaiian PI firm.

In Leverage creator John Rogers's script, Lily and a ragtag band of friends go off chasing criminals and trying to get to the truth of a mysterious spy operation-gone-wrong that ended her Navy career.

Will Higgins be a woman too ,and Rick will be Ricki ,TC will be a woman too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Just when you think reboots of 80's tv shows cant get any worse ,this manure appears.

Will Higgins be a woman too ,and Rick will be Ricki ,TC will be a woman too.

did you make that up just to upset people more ,or is that real.

will she have a mustache

How will they cross this new Magnum PI over with murder she wrote , remember everything has to be connected ......( and yes Magnum and Granny Fletcher did cross over the first time round)

Advertisement