Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do I need a tax book to tax my car?

Options
  • 21-09-2016 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

Hi guys!

Just a quick one....

I'm looking to tax my Spitfire next week, it'll be the first time I tax it. Do I need the tax book? I cant for the life of me find it or do I have to apply for a new one. It's in my name etc so there shouldn't be a problem but if I could tax it without the book that'd be handier still.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Put the reg into motor tax.ie and ask for pin retrieval, it should email you a pin to tax it once the details you enter are exactly the same as registration details IE correct name and address word for word as is on tax book .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Bigus wrote: »
    Put the reg into motor tax.ie and ask for pin retrieval, it should email you a pin to tax it once the details you enter are exactly the same as registration details IE correct name and address word for word as is on tax book .

Thanks, been trying that but no joy :confused: I'll call into the tax office next week and grab a form.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭welder

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Thanks, been trying that but no joy :confused: I'll call into the tax office next week and grab a form.

You can print the form from Motortax.ie

https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/pdf/RF100A_en.pdf

Advertisement