Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas in a hotel (Dublin)

Options
  • 20-09-2016 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for spending Christmas in a Dublin Hotel? 2 nights to include Christmas dinner (obviously!). it's for myself and my husband, no children.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Depends on two things, budget and if you want to hang around the hotel or not.

I love grafton street area at Christmas so having a bed near by could do as you could choose to be out and about all the time. However, if you want to put your feet up beside a fire with a christmas tree beside you then you may have to spend a bit more.

For me you can't beat the Shelbourne at Christmas. I was there the 23rd last year and will be staying this year 22nd-24th. It is so damn Christmassy. If you can get a heritage room overlooking the green even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DocR

Thanks Jude, I will check out the Shelbourne but suspect it may be a bit over-budget! I got a quote from the Radisson Blu in St. Helens which is pretty good so leaning that way at the moment. We have stayed at the Conrad on Earlsfort Terrace a few times and it was lovely but looking for somewhere different to try.

I wangled a corporate rate out of them so I am lucky. I would try closer to the city centre to get a buzz. If you can hold off till a few days before I would use lastminute.com secret hotels. Its really good value and very easy to figure out which hotel it is before booking with a little bit of googling.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Haven't stayed in a hotel at Christmas but I remember reading about Christmas at The Dylan and it sounds lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DocR

Jude, I would be too afraid of missing out altogether if I waited until too close to Christmas - am a cautious creature!

Toto, hadn't thought of the Dylan so will get on to that now, many thanks.

• Advertisement

There's some lovely town house types in Dublin, think one on the green used to be called browns, there are a few on Dawson street also that might be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Hi

I'm looking for places that do xmas day dinner around Dublin, hotel, venues etc. Any ideas, not too expensive, mind you

cheers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

dar100 wrote: »
    Hi

I'm looking for places that do xmas day dinner around Dublin, hotel, venues etc. Any ideas, not too expensive, mind you

cheers

Hey dar100 this is a similar thread that might be of use to you, so I merged your thread in here with the existing thread. Hopefully it helps and welcome to the Christmas Forum! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Westin and Cleaver East both do Christmas dinner but they're not cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I wasn't pushed on the Radisson St Helens , food or otherwise. I did stay in Carton House Maynooth another Christmas and it was fabulous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement